Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Reggaeton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Thesaurus posted:

How could this musical genre be a hobby?

By listening to it.

In the same vein, attending rodeos.

BigBadSteve posted:

Many (not all) so-called "self-help" books are of help to many (not all), but IMO (and experience, and I've heard witnessed) lengthy attempts at psychological self-help tend to reach an impasse, because one's own ego is not a great "executive" for decreasing ego.

The only way I was able fix myself after mentally breaking from the pandemic was to realize that no, I cannot power through this any more, zombie mode isn't working, and I can't do it alone.

Started therapy, did intensive outpatient treatment, and with a lot of hard work over almost 3 years I'm basically a regular person again.

I would probably have died if I hadn't gotten help.

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 20, 2023