Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
hell yes, ground floor

it sounds like you may have gotten in a little over your head, but not to an unmanageable degree. scary, but a good way to learn!

i really like these cars, more than the popular later ones even, so im looking forward to taking the journey vicariously through your posting

those frame rails though :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
seems like the upper control arms not ripping out and sending a tire through your bodywork would be a high priority, but that's just me lol

definitely see if your friends wanna hang out, eat your pizza and drink your beer while working on cool old junk. maybe that has lost its novelty for them, though, if they build cars professionally

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
those suspension pickups still sketch me out, but im glad you're planning on addressing them

is that a torsion beam front end? should make it easy to dump it a few inches, tuck in those new tires :getin:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
between the voltage gauge jumping around, and the oil pressure gauge working intermittently, it sounds like you don't hav a good ground between your engine (where your alt and sending unit are grounded) and the dash (where your gauges are grounded). do you have a good ground strap between the engine and body?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

hedgegnome posted:

better! i kept the old line on the passenger side cause i didn't want to make a new line and it was still ok i assumed. Also i had no idea the bolt holding that T in place was also the filler hole for the axel. who knew?

So ok! That actually went pretty well! I bleed the brakes, and after some initial confusion and spilled brake fluid due to an open bleed valve someone forgot to close last time, its way better! now if only i could start the car and drive it to test out the brakes..

often, there will be a nipple there and the vent will connect to it. guess it could also serve double action as a filler.

one other thing, it kinda looks like you have teflon tape on your flare nuts? that is not generally a thing. the threads don't actually seal, they just put pressure on the flared pieces. so you don't need them to be fluid tight. if you get any strands from the tape into the actual inverted flare, though, it could keep it from establishing a good metal-on-metal seal. so the way i see it, it's not helping you at all, with a hazard of making things worse. maybe keeping the threads from sticking in the future? is that a thing? ive never seen that, and it doesn't seem like it's worth the risk, but maybe you're careful enough.