Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

Goons Are Gifts

Hello hi welcome this is the official BYOB outpost garage super baby born from the big spaceship that crashed here after we decided that we can't leave AI again but have to stay and steal more cars and such, so here we are!
Post about, well, literally everything in here. If you lurk this thread, you have to post in it, sorry that's the rules I don't make them I just think them up and write them down

Autobyobahn to the spaceship here

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

Goons Are Gifts

Alright we're ready bring this baby online!

Turbo Fondant

Shitboxin and shitpostin

CommieGIR

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Make the turbo noises with your lips.

meatpimp

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Securing room on the ground floor.

Dagen H

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
hi byob

cursedshitbox

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

[farts on the new seats]

Elmnt80

Tsu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu

Goons Are Gifts

Oh we are already live aren't we?? Where's that doing it live oleary thing we prepared for this??

Goons Are Gifts

I added an op, after realizing I never removed the secret mod test forum placeholder I had in before, ohh how the OPs have turned!

Stoner Sloth

hi AI, gotta say you lot are one of the friendliest places on the forums and, despite not being a car knower, i have learned a few things by lurking and reading your threads!

hope you're all doing well!

meatpimp

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Stoner Sloth posted:

hi AI, gotta say you lot are one of the friendliest places on the forums and, despite not being a car knower, i have learned a few things by lurking and reading your threads!

hope you're all doing well!

Welcome. It's okay, most of us in AI aren't car knowers, either.

cruft

Hello AI, I'm BYOB posting superstar cruft!

Hello BYOB, I'm AI posting superstar cruft!

That ought to cover it, I think.

cruft

Note: not an actual superstar.

CommieGIR

Elmnt80 posted:

Tsu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu

Really need to fix that recirc valve.

Goons Are Gifts

meatpimp posted:

Welcome. It's okay, most of us in AI aren't car knowers, either.

It is my understanding that what keeps AI together is the shared hatred for pieces of shits, along with a crippling dependency on exactly those pieces of shits

cursedshitbox

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

CommieGIR posted:

Really need to fix that recirc valve.

blend door motor on the fritz.

Goatse and Gallant posted:

It is my understanding that what keeps AI together is the shared hatred for pieces of shits, along with a crippling dependency on exactly those pieces of shits

Mood. Some of us never learn.

I've built Farnsworth reactors simpler than this thing. Yet, it's fun.

honda whisperer

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Yes. And the understanding that every car is a piece of poo poo, even the nice ones. And that we love them for all their flaws. Sometimes because of their flaws.

sb hermit

ground floor of an epic thread

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

honda whisperer posted:

Yes. And the understanding that every car is a piece of poo poo, even the nice ones. And that we love them for all their flaws. Sometimes because of their flaws.

Turbo Fondant

Gripping the deteriorating foam airbag wheel his knuckles went white with desire
The flaking chrome wheels of his Mustang exploding bald linglongs down the highway like a slug from a twenty-two
True death, three point eight litres of medium performance piercing the night
This is brown sunshine

Dagen H

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
BYOB Garage - This is brown sunshine

CommieGIR

"Especially my cars"

Turbo Fondant

Dagen H posted:

BYOB Garage - This is brown sunshine

idk as someone with an extra LS and no firm plans on where to put it I've been eyeing ratty SN95s lately and that kinda popped into my head a while back

cruft

The thing about GM making Android Auto / CarPlay a subscription service really got me thinking about the things Tesla is never going to fix, and yes, I agree with this 100%.

honda whisperer

Turbo Fondant posted:

Gripping the deteriorating foam airbag wheel his knuckles went white with desire
The flaking chrome wheels of his Mustang exploding bald linglongs down the highway like a slug from a twenty-two
True death, three point eight litres of medium performance piercing the night
This is brown sunshine

*snaps fingers rhythmically*

honda whisperer

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
Boost goes in, apex seals go out
Cranks but will not start

bennyfactor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMs6uku5oq0

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PwqaYY42I8

Leper Go-getter
Hmm ok question; what is the limits and what do we post about in this thread

Goons Are Gifts

The limit like in any Autobahn is no limit, the topic is Everything You Can Imagine

NitroSpazzz

You don't need style when you've got strength!

It's true, they're all poo poo and that's why we love and hate them.

cruft

Leper Go-getter posted:

Hmm ok question; what is the limits and what do we post about in this thread

Hi Leper Go-getter, what did you have for breakfast? I had oatmeal with salsa. A lot of people think that sounds gross, because they've only ever had sweet oatmeal, but oats are a grain just like wheat and they go really well with salsa!

Leper Go-getter

cruft posted:

Hi Leper Go-getter, what did you have for breakfast? I had oatmeal with salsa. A lot of people think that sounds gross, because they've only ever had sweet oatmeal, but oats are a grain just like wheat and they go really well with salsa!

Oh hey Cruft. I've had a bag of chips. And i regret it overall. I've never been big on oatmeal. If you want it with hotsauce thats nobody's business. Shine on baby.
Are you a Sriracha guy? I see people use it on everything but I dont rate it. I just learned theres vinegar based and not vinegar based sauces and maybe I should try to find something not vinegar based. Do you know about these have you heard about these etc.

cruft

Leper Go-getter posted:

Oh hey Cruft. I've had a bag of chips. And i regret it overall. I've never been big on oatmeal. If you want it with hotsauce thats nobody's business. Shine on baby.
Are you a Sriracha guy? I see people use it on everything but I dont rate it. I just learned theres vinegar based and not vinegar based sauces and maybe I should try to find something not vinegar based. Do you know about these have you heard about these etc.

Hey, sometimes you gotta eat the bag of chips, I can relate.

I'm not big on Sriracha, if I'm being honest. We have some in the fridge but it really only comes out for stir fry, and we've got some weirdo brand that's kinda sweet so it's taking us forever to get through it (we don't like sweet things very much). Non-vinegar might be good, but then I wonder if that's the sweet junk we have, which is not good. I dunno. You gotta be careful with a decision like that, it can have lasting consequences.

I don't think oatmeal would be very good with hot sauce, but maybe? Sorta depends on the sauce. Technically Sadie's Salsa is a sauce that's hot, so I guess it fits the bill. You've given me a lot to think about as regards my opinions on the term "hot sauce" and what that includes.

Leper Go-getter
Oh this guy likes salsa, I bet this guy is way into OTHER ""hotsauces"" I say out loud projecting my utter ignorance into the dusky night sky for everyone to see.

cruft

Cruft Jr is cleaning the Chevrolet Bolt today.

I've owned a lot of cars and while they're all pieces of poo poo, this is one of the nicer pieces of poo poo we've had.

Elmnt80

I grabbed a bacon, egg and cheese croissant this morning, but the top half of the croissant was missing. I was v confused.

cruft

Elmnt80 posted:

I grabbed a bacon, egg and cheese croissant this morning, but the top half of the croissant was missing. I was v confused.

I wonder where the other half wound up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80

It was from the little wawa sizzler whatever display, so who knows. But I mean really the bun is just a delivery method for better things, so it's all good.