Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

cruft

NGL I think that truck looks badass.

LOL #VeryGayRaptor on the windshield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

I unironically love the livery. Not at all into the truck though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Livery rules, truck sucks

sb hermit

cruft posted:

#VeryGayRaptor

Quadramind

Check out my neighbour's auto

hot cocoa on the couch

Quadramind posted:

sick as hell

cursedshitbox

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Love it. That's a '73 maybe a '74+ by the looks of it. The chrome could date it as a '76+ but that stuff is easily swapped.

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Quadramind posted:

I have checked and it is good

cruft

I want to know what other goons think about Stuckey's

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have checked and it is good

cruft posted:

I want to know what other goons think about Stuckey's

I have rarely been to one but they are a US highway landmark, and I think feature pecan pie or is that another place? Other than that I haven't thought of Stuckeys in forever, thanks for reminding me of its existence

EvellSnoats

Bilirubin posted:

I have rarely been to one but they are a US highway landmark, and I think feature pecan pie or is that another place? Other than that I haven't thought of Stuckeys in forever, thanks for reminding me of its existence

Pecan Log Rolls, very different. Used to be one near my grandparent's place when I grew up near Cadiz KY. Nothing to write home about.

cruft

Captain Hygiene

You mess with the crabbo...

:eyepop:

Somehow I instantly recognized that screen, but am only now realizing it was a reference to an actual place.

cruft

Okay, where's this AI train thread, and is it just a bunch of gear heads frothing at the mouth about trains?

I went through five pages of thread but I couldn't find it.

Dagen H

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Page 2:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394711

cruft

Ah, okay, thanks.

I guess I need to make a thread in the travel forum.

cruft

This is a good image.

cruft

Why does the EV thread periodically become a poo poo show, CAT INTERCEPTOR? Is this just a thing most SA threads do?

Mustache Ride

The electricity shorts people's brains.

hot cocoa on the couch

you might say that thread is very polarizing :grin:

Elmnt80

cruft posted:

Why does the EV thread periodically become a poo poo show, CAT INTERCEPTOR? Is this just a thing most SA threads do?

You have every faction in EV discussion packed into one thread, but it isn't really big enough to break up into multiple threads yet. Occasionally they get grumbly, but enh. Better than it used to be.

cruft

Elmnt80 posted:

You have every faction in EV discussion packed into one thread, but it isn't really big enough to break up into multiple threads yet. Occasionally they get grumbly, but enh. Better than it used to be.

Hmm. Yeah, I suppose so.

I mean, I represent at least 5 factions, and I'm just one poster. It's not an easy task, sometimes I have to call myself out of my stupid takes, and frequently it requires me cutting myself down to size when it's clear I've gotten full of myself. Occasional auto-immolation is even required from time to time. But that's just the price that comes with making sure we get proper representation with so few posters!

CAT INTERCEPTOR

cruft posted:

It's honestly a whole godawful better than the former two EV threads and mostly.... stays weird. Which is okay :)

Elmnt80

cruft posted:

Hmm. Yeah, I suppose so.

I mean, I represent at least 5 factions, and I'm just one poster. It's not an easy task, sometimes I have to call myself out of my stupid takes, and frequently it requires me cutting myself down to size when it's clear I've gotten full of myself. Occasional auto-immolation is even required from time to time. But that's just the price that comes with making sure we get proper representation with so few posters!

Fank u 4 ur servize.

cruft

Okay, anyway, I'm on a read trip with my 84-year-old dad, who's always wanted to see Little Bighorn national monupark, and also Glacier,

He's had an order pending on a Chevrolet Bolt for like 6 months, and is getting fed up by their inability to commit to even telling him that he will get a car, since they're gonna stop building them this year and he's still in the queue to get on another queue to get someone to think about when they might schedule his build.

Yesterday he plugged in my Tesla for the first time: he drives a LEAF. The Tesla plug vs the LEAF plug is like picking up a golf ball vs. a bowling ball. And then when we got in, GM said they're going to make cars with the Tesla plug, just like Ford is.

We're traveling with my little dog. Here's a photo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sb hermit

Dog pic good pic. Hope you get your Bolt!

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's honestly a whole godawful better than the former two EV threads and mostly.... stays weird. Which is okay :)

Elmnt80 posted:

Fank u 4 ur servize.

cruft

I would like to hear from someone who thinks replacing wiper blades is painless. I just destroyed a brand new $20 blade trying to install it.

I wish you could still just buy refills. I never had any trouble with those, and it didn't cost $20 to buy a whole blade assembly.

sb hermit

cruft posted:

I would like to hear from someone who thinks replacing wiper blades is painless. I just destroyed a brand new $20 blade trying to install it.

I wish you could still just buy refills. I never had any trouble with those, and it didn't cost $20 to buy a whole blade assembly.

I had to replace a $20 blade after a few months because it started coming apart. Instead of getting the cheapest blade, I went one tier higher and it's made all the difference.

Every single wiper blade manufacturer, it feels, has a different way to get a blade replaced. Some use adapters. Others require a complex series of clips. Often, I need to understand how the mechanism works before I can install it, and the instructions never quite give me the nuance required for that.

Dagen H

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Apparently there's some new OEM standard for wiper blade adapters, that I was completely unaware of

twine.amber
Hi byob

cruft

Hi twine.amber

What did you have for breakfast?

Elmnt80

cruft posted:

I mean, I do, but I also worked at a parts store for 5 years and changed thousands of wiper blades. :v:

Ain't nobody ever accused me of being normal.

twine.amber

cruft posted:

Hi twine.amber

What did you have for breakfast?

The usual, Tim Hortons coffee and donuts

cruft

I'm heating up some water with the propane stove. Gonna have coffee and oatmeal and a couple boiled eggs.

You have donuts every morning?

twine.amber
Just during the week I do. That sounds good what your having.

Elmnt80

I had pineapple chunks, orange mango juice and some to go breakfast burritos. It was pretty good.

twine.amber

Elmnt80 posted:

I had pineapple chunks, orange mango juice and some to go breakfast burritos. It was pretty good.

Yum

twine.amber
How do I change my pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I need the thread to give me a reality check here.

Cruise control in construction zones: what do you think?