Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

cruft

Hello AI, I'm BYOB posting superstar cruft!

Hello BYOB, I'm AI posting superstar cruft!

That ought to cover it, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Note: not an actual superstar.

cruft

The thing about GM making Android Auto / CarPlay a subscription service really got me thinking about the things Tesla is never going to fix, and yes, I agree with this 100%.

cruft

Leper Go-getter posted:

Hmm ok question; what is the limits and what do we post about in this thread

Hi Leper Go-getter, what did you have for breakfast? I had oatmeal with salsa. A lot of people think that sounds gross, because they've only ever had sweet oatmeal, but oats are a grain just like wheat and they go really well with salsa!

cruft

Leper Go-getter posted:

Oh hey Cruft. I've had a bag of chips. And i regret it overall. I've never been big on oatmeal. If you want it with hotsauce thats nobody's business. Shine on baby.
Are you a Sriracha guy? I see people use it on everything but I dont rate it. I just learned theres vinegar based and not vinegar based sauces and maybe I should try to find something not vinegar based. Do you know about these have you heard about these etc.

Hey, sometimes you gotta eat the bag of chips, I can relate.

I'm not big on Sriracha, if I'm being honest. We have some in the fridge but it really only comes out for stir fry, and we've got some weirdo brand that's kinda sweet so it's taking us forever to get through it (we don't like sweet things very much). Non-vinegar might be good, but then I wonder if that's the sweet junk we have, which is not good. I dunno. You gotta be careful with a decision like that, it can have lasting consequences.

I don't think oatmeal would be very good with hot sauce, but maybe? Sorta depends on the sauce. Technically Sadie's Salsa is a sauce that's hot, so I guess it fits the bill. You've given me a lot to think about as regards my opinions on the term "hot sauce" and what that includes.

cruft

Cruft Jr is cleaning the Chevrolet Bolt today.

I've owned a lot of cars and while they're all pieces of poo poo, this is one of the nicer pieces of poo poo we've had.

cruft

Elmnt80 posted:

I grabbed a bacon, egg and cheese croissant this morning, but the top half of the croissant was missing. I was v confused.

I wonder where the other half wound up

cruft

Peanut butter on toast for me this morning.

I'm hoping the peanut butter is a "sticks with ya" food, as my grandmother used to say, because I'm dieting and getting ravenously hungry at 10am isn't going to help.

cruft

Hi I have a car that runs on batteries

Like 7000 of 'em

It goes whirr whirr instead of vroom vroom

cruft

Like for real some car person was just like "what if no engine and we just put a pantload of AAs under the seats" and then somebody else figured out how to actually make that work and now I can tear rear end out of the school zone.

cruft

Sucks replacing them though, the hardware store is like "no we don't have 7000 batteries in stock what the hell are you even doing" and I'm just like "getting out of the school zone bb :c00lbutt:"

cruft

I need one of those

cruft

So, Olympic Mathlete, does your car actually have sufficient hydraulics that you can make it jump?

cruft

Mustache Ride posted:

I parked next to one of those plug in hybrid Toyotas and it made that weird song back up noise.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Bn5tcjqrk6s

I wonder how hard it would be to change that noise, I bet it's mp3 based. What song would you use?

Tesla used to let you do this and then the NHTSB was like "no, morons, a Buddy Rich drum solo is not an okay vehicle-in-reverse sound" so now you can't do this in Teslas any more.

But anyway, I'd use a Buddy Rich drum solo.

cruft

Hi, I don't want a kitty sixxer, but I wanted to let the garage know that yesterday I hooked up some multi-color LED strips in Cruft Jr's car and jr FREAKING LOVES IT.

We ran them so they light up the footwells, the underside of the steering wheel column, then into the back, and up the thing under the bench seat. So it just lights your feet, which was what I was going for, don't want it to pose a potential distraction from what's going on out the windows. But it looks cool as hell. I'll have to take some photos.

cruft

Shumagorath posted:

Hit me with your best approximation / rendition of Mad Cat from Inspector Gadget to mark Apoplexy April.

I have to admit I don't understand this at all.

Your av looks like it's from Dark Tower, though. I played that game again recently in a port to Android, and it just wasn't the same. I think 80% of the fun of that game was the novelty of the stupid tower and the kick-rear end art.

cruft

cruft posted:

I have to admit I don't understand this at all.

Your av looks like it's from Dark Tower, though. I played that game again recently in a port to Android, and it just wasn't the same. I think 80% of the fun of that game was the novelty of the stupid tower and the kick-rear end art.

cruft

So, how's it going, AI?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my weird bicycle on a train from Santa Fe to Portland. In order to make this pursuit AI-relevant, let's pretend it has a 2-stroke motor.

cruft

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

the MAH LEPER'S COLONY!!!! types

There's so much about this site's culture that I'm clueless about.

cruft

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I reckon it will be funny as hell to get volunteers one at a time to get Lightning Cat sixxed at about 2pm my time and see how how it takes till the rest of the forums notice

So one cat sixxer a day and see how long it can keep going for

I have some weird standard for what it takes to earn a comedy CI sixxer, and apparently this meets that standard. Please put me in that queue.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cruft

Over in the EV thread we are currently reeling because forums poster Bird With Big Dick suddenly has an av with the dick removed. It is quite the shocking development.

CAT INTERCEPTOR, was that thread always so easygoing or did some change trigger the shift?

cruft

:ohdear:

cruft

Ford painted a rainbow on a truck and idiots across the country are losing their minds together in some sort of weird cultural solidarity act.

cruft

cruft

NGL I think that truck looks badass.

LOL #VeryGayRaptor on the windshield

cruft

I want to know what other goons think about Stuckey's

cruft

cruft

Okay, where's this AI train thread, and is it just a bunch of gear heads frothing at the mouth about trains?

I went through five pages of thread but I couldn't find it.

cruft

Ah, okay, thanks.

I guess I need to make a thread in the travel forum.

cruft

This is a good image.

cruft

Why does the EV thread periodically become a poo poo show, CAT INTERCEPTOR? Is this just a thing most SA threads do?

cruft

Elmnt80 posted:

You have every faction in EV discussion packed into one thread, but it isn't really big enough to break up into multiple threads yet. Occasionally they get grumbly, but enh. Better than it used to be.

Hmm. Yeah, I suppose so.

I mean, I represent at least 5 factions, and I'm just one poster. It's not an easy task, sometimes I have to call myself out of my stupid takes, and frequently it requires me cutting myself down to size when it's clear I've gotten full of myself. Occasional auto-immolation is even required from time to time. But that's just the price that comes with making sure we get proper representation with so few posters!

cruft

Okay, anyway, I'm on a read trip with my 84-year-old dad, who's always wanted to see Little Bighorn national monupark, and also Glacier,

He's had an order pending on a Chevrolet Bolt for like 6 months, and is getting fed up by their inability to commit to even telling him that he will get a car, since they're gonna stop building them this year and he's still in the queue to get on another queue to get someone to think about when they might schedule his build.

Yesterday he plugged in my Tesla for the first time: he drives a LEAF. The Tesla plug vs the LEAF plug is like picking up a golf ball vs. a bowling ball. And then when we got in, GM said they're going to make cars with the Tesla plug, just like Ford is.

We're traveling with my little dog. Here's a photo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cruft

I would like to hear from someone who thinks replacing wiper blades is painless. I just destroyed a brand new $20 blade trying to install it.

I wish you could still just buy refills. I never had any trouble with those, and it didn't cost $20 to buy a whole blade assembly.

cruft

Hi twine.amber

What did you have for breakfast?

cruft

I'm heating up some water with the propane stove. Gonna have coffee and oatmeal and a couple boiled eggs.

You have donuts every morning?

cruft

I need the thread to give me a reality check here.

Cruise control in construction zones: what do you think?

cruft

Just quit my job. New job starts tomorrow.

I got back from a vacation with my dad yesterday. Should I spend my unemployed day playing Zelda?

cruft

I did. It was the right call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I've been posting way too many posts since last night. Like, if there were some posts per hour limit, I've probably exceeded it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR, can you help me out with this problem?