Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Coming for some Yob chill after wasting my time trying to get my tires changed only to be denied by the place I managed to roll into because of some "speed rating" for my car. Tires I've had for years for my 14 year old car. Seems like a hamfisted attempt to shake me down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin

Elmnt80 posted:

Lmao, seriously? Unless you're rippin it on the autobahn, you won't get near the speed rating of a cheap rear end ling long (this is a real brand btw, they actually aren't bad for what they are) no season hockey puck special.

Seriously the dude is like "no its not rated for the right speed we can't put them on, its a liability issue" and I'm like, I've had them for years, specialty tire shops have zero problem putting them on, and its a 16 YEAR OLD MATRIX HOW FAST DO YOU THINK IT GOES?

When I got home, I looked up the tires, and they are rated H. EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE TIRE IT CAME OFF THE LINE WITH

gently caress those guys

Bilirubin

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have checked and it is good

cruft posted:

I want to know what other goons think about Stuckey's

I have rarely been to one but they are a US highway landmark, and I think feature pecan pie or is that another place? Other than that I haven't thought of Stuckeys in forever, thanks for reminding me of its existence

Bilirubin

posting my hourly post

Bilirubin

driving new car is fun! But getting new tires is more new fun!

Bilirubin

its where the rubber meets the road after all. So to speak.

Anyway as a grave disappointment to my father, who was so into cars that he had a record album of different cars making their noises (like 50-60s era Le Manz racers), I never took to cars. This is despite, or perhaps because of, helping him in order to learn how to work on my own 73 Chevy.

What I learned was I was not suited to working on cars and to pay people who are, and are highly trained to do so!

(I also learned a fair amount of new profanity the time "we" replaced the brake lines in said Chevy, and he kept snapping bleeder stems off. I guess I also learned that he was also not suited to working on cars! He has finally cleared his garage of his slant 6 Duster project and has taken to sun bathing instead, which I totally approve of)

Bilirubin

Feeling anxious, so going for a drive

Bilirubin

welp it happened. New car confusion.

After a day of work I went to where I parked, pressed my remote entry fob, and nothing. I know this one has a dying battery and has been finicky so I got closer and tried again, nothing. Tried the door handle while pressing it, still nothing.

Perplexed, I went around to the driver's side and while passing around the rear I noticed my new Honda had magically turned into a Volvo.

My car was two stalls further along.

Really glad I didn't set off any alarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin

:3: