Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

sb hermit

ground floor of an epic thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Turbo Fondant posted:

Though I guess it's not fillings so much as toppings if it's open face!

I have no idea where to find smørrebrød so I guess it's just breakfast tacos for me

Although the IKEA nearby might have some good rye

sb hermit

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I legit take the top muffin off a sausage egg and cheese McMuffin cuz it's too much bread I don't need all that bread

:same:

sb hermit

nesamdoom posted:

I was going through some stuff and found a photo I took of one of the coolest cars I've seen in the wild.

The mix of badass and kinda silly work so well for me. Seeing one at a parking lot in a lovely midwest town surprised me.

that's a real beaut

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kitten sixxer anyone?

Yes please!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING THAT SHOCKING?????? OMG!!!!

Do you have any spare?

sb hermit

If I win the lottery, I'm going to retire to Japan and drift vans all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ODPZvWb-c

just kidding, I'm going to do it in Long Beach

sb hermit

:hfive:

sb hermit

:hai:

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Check your rapsheet, it was done last night :D

May I also have a sixxer cat?

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes, altho I'm gonna spread the requests out a bit to not poo poo stir the MAH LEPER'S COLONY!!!! types for a while in SAD.

No problem! Feel free to do it at your leisure.

sb hermit

cruft posted:

#VeryGayRaptor

sb hermit

Dog pic good pic. Hope you get your Bolt!

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's honestly a whole godawful better than the former two EV threads and mostly.... stays weird. Which is okay :)

Elmnt80 posted:

Fank u 4 ur servize.

sb hermit

cruft posted:

I would like to hear from someone who thinks replacing wiper blades is painless. I just destroyed a brand new $20 blade trying to install it.

I wish you could still just buy refills. I never had any trouble with those, and it didn't cost $20 to buy a whole blade assembly.

I had to replace a $20 blade after a few months because it started coming apart. Instead of getting the cheapest blade, I went one tier higher and it's made all the difference.

Every single wiper blade manufacturer, it feels, has a different way to get a blade replaced. Some use adapters. Others require a complex series of clips. Often, I need to understand how the mechanism works before I can install it, and the instructions never quite give me the nuance required for that.

sb hermit

pretty classy!

sb hermit

cruft posted:

I agree that engineering challenges like this are cool. Apparently at one point they thought it worked well enough to stage a bunch of promotional photos and roll it out on a production vehicle. I wonder what kind of crazy technology they had in that thing.

I mean, getting CDs to not skip was never a solved problem either. I can imagine how much more of a challenge that would be for a purely analog device with no buffering.

it was a solved problem in the year 2013 when my car came out

solved as in it just ripped the entire CD to the internal hard drive

goodness help you if it doesn’t recognize the CD and you have to label the CD and all its tracks manually with a rotary dial instead of a keyboard

sb hermit

now that vinyls are making a comeback, maybe we’ll see a solved solution for playing records. Maybe it will be something insane like:

• it reads 5 seconds ahead to account for jitter, or it just reads the entire disc using a laser and saves it in memory
  • it uses futuristic gyroscopes to eliminate jitter completely
  • it takes a special high resolution photo of the entire disc and uses that
  • it just streams your copy from spotify and doesn’t read the vinyl at all except for the digital license needed to play the copy
  • it uses AI to hallucinate the music, like the classic movie Be Kind, Rewind, except with a 1950s or 1940s twist
  • it just plays Never Gonna Give You Up

sb hermit

Mustache Ride posted:

poo poo in my city that would make me more anxious. Good luck buddy

sb hermit

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Check out this car fanatic over here

big :same:

sb hermit

cruft posted:

I know goons like to :actually:, so maybe somebody can come up with a better option for me.

* Sep 29: Silver City, NM to Lamy, NM (or Albuquerque if necessary)
* Oct 8: Back to Silver City, NM
* Oct 23: Los Alamos, NM to Santa Fe Regional Airport
* Oct 24: Back to Silver City
* Nov 10: Silver City to Denver (or El Paso airport or Albuquerque airport, if necessary)
* Nov 17: Back to Silver City

Note: I have no way to get from Silver City to anywhere, if I haven't rented a car.

comedy option: you can have my car for 10 weeks for $2k

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

With new mod and new IK I'm kinda wondering if we should have a bit of sixxer fun time?

Yes please!

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I HAZ TO USE IT

:same:

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Sourcedidnt alllow linkingto SA....! - edited source fix forsixxer, myappologies the proper source should turn up as soon as a admin approves

We need to test this! Can I get a probe too?

sb hermit

Elmnt80 posted:

Never stop postin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit