Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Lurkiness is next to godliness

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I thought this thread was called "Let's hear it for the LAKERS"

The Lakers aren't very good right now but that is okay they will be again, can't be the best every year!

If you want some good Lakers viewing material I recommend Winning Time on HBO Max it is a real fun show with lots of great talent you'll enjoy seeing (:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Basketball players seem to love being shot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_basketball_players_who_died_during_their_careers

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Basketball is more fun to play than watch but I don't really know the rules

Make the ball in the basket, and don't touch the other players pretty much sums up my knowledge

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I guess gun shots aren't technically touching the other team...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lunkers

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

beaten

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

oh yeah, time to post garbage

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gentle reminder that this thread is to encourage lurkers to post. Let's not overwhelm them with posts from the regulars!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

OsteoMcB posted:

oh yeah, time to post garbage

2023 reg? eww

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Lol at their being gbs lurkers in the year 2023. Scary mean bad man Lowtax isn’t around anymore to ban goons for minor slights no mo

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

that g ova there posted:

ban goons for minor slights

Wish they would

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

Piss Creep posted:

Wish they would

only a matter of time

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

that g ova there posted:

Lol at their being gbs lurkers in the year 2023. Scary mean bad man Lowtax isn’t around anymore to ban goons for minor slights no mo

*Taps sign*

Smugworth posted:

Listen up, I'm a straight shooter and I tell it like it is, so just let it be known: if anyone wants to bully a lurker in this or any other thread, they'll have to go through ME first.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'll simply lure you outside with a link of tasty sausages and have a weight fall on you

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Gentle reminder that this thread is to encourage lurkers to post. Let's not overwhelm them with posts from the regulars!

Then post I shall. But honestly I mostly just enjoy rubbernecking the forums mostly

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lurkingh should be illegal. set a timer between posts and if you fail to post regularly enough you are banned. lurkers are scum and they disgust me

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I DARE a lurker to post in this thread! I want to see POST COUNT: 1

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Piss Creep posted:

There just isn't the same hate from the regulars and long timers to make new users feel scared and feel they need to lurk for ages anymore. Well, I guess many of the stronger subforums still keep that up. GBS certainly doesn't.

If a new user asks a stupid question about the site everyone is far too ready to give them all the info they want.

Wisdom is gained from learned experiences, and experiences in general. Our ancestors did things we should not, and our descendants shall as well. It is the way of all things

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lurkingh should be illegal. set a timer between posts and if you fail to post regularly enough you are banned. lurkers are scum and they disgust me

Speed 3: If this account goes below 55 posts per hour...

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Happyimp posted:

I usually only post when I'm hosed up. Then I skip a couple of pages, so I don't see when people respond.

I like your style.

I consider myself a lurker at heart, though I do chime in with the occasional poo poo or white noise post.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Wisdom is gained from learned experiences, and experiences in general. Our ancestors did things we should not, and our descendants shall as well. It is the way of all things

Yep very true

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
About a dozen lurkers attacked me in an alley but I overpowered them easily

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Icochet posted:

About a dozen lurkers attacked me in an alley but I overpowered them easily

this guy beating off all our lurkers

save some for the rest of us smh

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Lurking Is Not A Crime!

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
do not underestimate the power of lurkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFm4dhxaxRc&t=460s

i watched a stream of this live it was one of the greatest games ive ever seen

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

GundamHealer posted:

Lurking Is Not A Crime!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

that g ova there posted:

It was a better time when we told newbs to lurk more. Instead of shitposting, you had to read the whole thread
There are posters that don't read whole threads?

This is very concerning!

yello
Nov 28, 2000

Jesus Fucking Christ I posted in a stupid GBS avatar thread and some piece of shit saddled me with this spiteful nightmare fuel.
Grimey Drawer

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

lurkin' & jerkin'

lurk out with ma gherk out hell yeah

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I just like to stare at the fishbowl. Y'all are like ugly-rear end guppies or something.

shen
Jan 22, 2006

hi i'm a lurker. i've meant to post more, and have drafted posts, but never pulled the trigger. now i'm really doing it.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Welcome to the club

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

shen posted:

hi i'm a lurker. i've meant to post more, and have drafted posts, but never pulled the trigger. now i'm really doing it.

Crushing it so far

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

https://youtu.be/bj3B7FdU2z0

This, but for our lurkers

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

One thing that separates me from other moderator candidates in GBS is how I've always been welcoming of lurkers to our fine forums. There hasn't been a lurker thread nearly long enough, well I'm here to change that. Come on out, lurkers, meet some of your fellow posters and share your thoughts around this thread! We're waiting to hear from you! "Lurk more" is a thing of the past.

I always like to say, for every empty quote I get, there's probably 10 lurkers who also wish they could step forward and empty quote me. Now's your chance! Hell, maybe I'll emptyquoted YOU!

And don't forget, when election season comes, remember your pal Smugworth. A moderator for the posters!

dude, you don't want to be a mod. You have to be sober, and read everyone elses posts

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I want to be a mod so that I can ban people who report posts more than once a month.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

I want to be a mod so that I can ban people who report posts more than once a month.

well, you'd also have to be a mod for over a month.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

well, you'd also have to be a mod for over a month.

True, that'd suck.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I know very little about Japanese society, but I don't think they have that many blue eyed blonde haired people there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I know very little about Japanese society, but I don't think they have that many blue eyed blonde haired people there

I was watching some american guy in Japan commenting that he was surprised that driver licenses don't have eye color, hair color or race and then after a second realised why they don't have those fields.