Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok that was an insanely cool boss fight. It's up there with the main game eikon battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Ok that was an insanely cool boss fight. It's up there with the main game eikon battles.

I had to laugh as Joshua casually went "Oh well he's *compressing all of existence.* We should do something about that."

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I had to laugh as Joshua casually went "Oh well he's *compressing all of existence.* We should do something about that."

I laughed the first time it did the awkward double hop into a super fast dive bomb.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
If you got the DLC, check out Torgal's inner thoughts on a lot of the characters

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
gently caress that was a good boss. Also it was actually hard even on normal mode.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Slowly working my way through the DLC as well after the holidays. Really cool so far, enjoying the views a lot!

Also, check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSmrkdyxH2I

(hope the boss name isn't too much of a spoiler? It's not the final one)

Blind no-hit :smug:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The dlc is cool and sorta makes up for the lack of a proper final dungeon.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Maybe the proper final dungeon was the friends we made along the way.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
We beat it yesterday evening and yeah that final boss ruled haha

It's a bit awkward that we started our NG+ playthrough before getting the DLC (or rather before knowing there would be one), now I can't use the cool accessories in said NG+ until way late, but them's the breaks

Maybe we'll wait for the second DLC to drop before going further? Otoh that will probably also be lategame/postgame difficulty and placement, so...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

2nd dlc will probably have some OP poo poo thats balanced for Arcade Mode since that mode has preset stats but you can still equip accessories and eikons.

I never got around to starting FF / Ultimaniac arcade mode until after DLC so now Im trying to beat it before 2nd dlc.

I kinda hope they would introduce new difficulty for story mode though.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I had it in my head Rising Tide would come out here in winter but nope, it's a spring release. Can't come soon enough.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So what's the over/under on the Leviathan DLC giving us an alternate ending?

Like, as it stands, Clive dies because he wasn't as capable of handling his power as Ultima thought he'd be. But is that because Ultima miscalculated and thought Mythos would be fine with being short one? So if you go in with the full suite, will Clive manage to barely survive?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

the_steve posted:

So what's the over/under on the Leviathan DLC giving us an alternate ending?

Like, as it stands, Clive dies because he wasn't as capable of handling his power as Ultima thought he'd be. But is that because Ultima miscalculated and thought Mythos would be fine with being short one? So if you go in with the full suite, will Clive manage to barely survive?

I'd say odds are pretty good. They've hinted it will impact the plot and there's not really much plot to impact at the point the DLC is set besides the ending.

I am not thrilled by "pay for a happier ending" TBH but FFXV already did it so I guess that bird has flown.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A full blown alternate ending would be tantamount to selling the ending to the game as dlc. Which has been done before but still feels bad.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, personally I'm fine either way. I mean, I feel like the ending we have now makes sense for the theme and the story we got.

But, on the other hand, I can't help but laugh because I remember when Aerith lives! as a DLC in FF7 was a running joke and now we may actually get it with Clive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

the_steve posted:

Yeah, personally I'm fine either way. I mean, I feel like the ending we have now makes sense for the theme and the story we got.

But, on the other hand, I can't help but laugh because I remember when Aerith lives! as a DLC in FF7 was a running joke and now we may actually get it with Clive.

We got Noctis Lives as DLC in FFXV and they almost sold a completely different Noctis Lives as DLC later on, funnily enough.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Well, Clive didn't die at the end of FFXVI. So it doesn't matter either way. :colbert:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ImpAtom posted:

We got Noctis Lives as DLC in FFXV and they almost sold a completely different Noctis Lives as DLC later on, funnily enough.

I never played XV, oddly enough. Kept putting off buying it because I knew there'd be a 'Definitive' edition of some sort and I figured I'd just wait for it.
By the time it came out though, I just didn't have any interest in buying it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Mordiceius posted:

Well, Clive didn't die at the end of FFXVI. So it doesn't matter either way. :colbert:

That’s right

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I'd say odds are pretty good. They've hinted it will impact the plot and there's not really much plot to impact at the point the DLC is set besides the ending.

I am not thrilled by "pay for a happier ending" TBH but FFXV already did it so I guess that bird has flown.

I hate it when I have to pay for a happy ending.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ImpAtom posted:

I played the unpatched version and the outcome was the same :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I played the unpatched version and the outcome was the same :shrug:

The happier ending is in Ignis' DLC.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

The happier ending is in Ignis' DLC.

ahhhh

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Rising Tide trailer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It looks awesome. Forgot how much I missed that art style :allears:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The environment artists have been working overtime. The new area looks gorgeous.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was just wondering recently when this was coming.

Reive
May 21, 2009

God I can't wait to jump back in, been holding out until both of the announced dlc packs are out.

Out of curiosity how hard is final fantasy mode compared to a first run? Shame it's ng+ only

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Reive posted:

God I can't wait to jump back in, been holding out until both of the announced dlc packs are out.

Out of curiosity how hard is final fantasy mode compared to a first run? Shame it's ng+ only

Fairly easy. Not much different from your first playthrough except enemies are higher level to match your endgame abilities

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 24, 2024

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

You have a lot more enemy combos with healing/shielding enemies which can be annoying to deal with but still p easy overall.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I wonder if they will announce a complete edition. Would be nice to get it all on one disc, but recent trends have DLC as download code pack-in only.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Patch Notes going along with Rising Tide.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I booted this game back up since the DLC is coming out and I finished FFVII Rebirth. For the trophy for beating a boss without taking damage, is it just a boss you fight at Clive? Like if I redo Eye of the Tempest does it only count Clive vs Garuda and not Ifrit vs Garuda?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

as long as it has a boss gauge then it'll count. for an easier time go to the arete stone and replay the kostnice chapter. the boss you fight there is a war panther thats super easy to dodge around and melts if you hit it with diamond dust/fight it at endgame levels. thats how i popped the trophy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I won't have time to really play until the weekend, so I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks of Rising Tide.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HUh. I booted up 16 and I just noticed it says there will be a second new Eikon besides Leviathan. Did we know that already?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there was a stinger at the end of the 2nd dlc trailer that I'm assuming is it

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Finally played through the first DLC. That was a pretty cool boss fight!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I guess the new DLC releases in less than 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
is zansetsukening everything still the strat after the patch