Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Out of curiosity, are the accessory slots only for the difficulty modifier Timely accessories, or are there also accessories that are just normal pieces of equipment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I can imagine Yoshi-P is thrilled to have been able to work on something that's not XIV.

But even beyond that you can tell they really put love into this one.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
That world map looks really neat

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VostokProgram posted:

Convince me not to buy a PS5 for this

Ciaphas posted:

i wonder when or if this'll come to pc. not this year, that's for sure :(

FrostyPox posted:

I am very confident it will come to PC, but not for at least six months. I'm guessing within 12 months.

My confidence is based on nothing except for the fact that all the other numbered ffs are on pc

Bruceski posted:

Would you ever buy a video game for $570? Never get a console for a single game.

Miss Mowcher posted:

It is confirmed for PC, but they said they don’t have a date and it’ll take a while. So if you can wait a year at least no need to buy a console :shrug:. Getting a PS5 can still be worth it for other Sony first party games, guess it’ll depend on your budget.

FrostyPox posted:

Gosh dang I am sorely tempted to spend almost $600 so I can play this dumb game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Needs to go in the op

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The advantage of me not having a PS5 means that I cannot actually listen to the part of my brain that tells me to day one purchase all Final Fantasy games and now I can actually obtain more information to see if I like it before it comes out on PC or I get a PS5.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I got lucky and snagged a PS5 a few years ago during The Scalper Apocalypse. It's a rad as hell console, would recommend.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I got lucky and snagged a PS5 a few years ago during The Scalper Apocalypse. It's a rad as hell console, would recommend.

I camped out at a GameStop at 3am for a drop of four consoles in my immediate metro area back when they were impossible to find. Was it dumb? Yes. Did I get one? Also yes.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Is this PAX panel the first actual confirmation that Soken was composing the soundtrack or had they already announced that before

Not that there was any question that he would be, just wondering

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A goon sold me a PlayStation 5 on launch day of the system.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I got lucky and did a walk up pre-order in December 2020 and got it first week of Jan. They stopped doing walk up orders right after I got mine, presumably because it was too easy to get a PS5 that way versus pressing F5 for 20 hours a day.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, are the accessory slots only for the difficulty modifier Timely accessories, or are there also accessories that are just normal pieces of equipment?
There's normal accessories as well, like +10 Strength, or ones that modify specific eikonic abilities abilities (+10% damage to stagger bar, reduced cooldown, etc.)

Chillgamesh posted:

Is this PAX panel the first actual confirmation that Soken was composing the soundtrack or had they already announced that before

Not that there was any question that he would be, just wondering
It was, as you say, practically confirmed from the start, it was officially confirmed in this blog post from June last year

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/02/new-final-fantasy-xvi-trailer-revealed-launches-on-ps5-summer-2023/

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Arisen_Gaming/status/1639948782161780737

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hellioning posted:

The advantage of me not having a PS5 means that I cannot actually listen to the part of my brain that tells me to day one purchase all Final Fantasy games and now I can actually obtain more information to see if I like it before it comes out on PC or I get a PS5.

i would simply day one purchase all final fantasy games

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm happy that this game is not a "pure" open-world game. Having it be vaguely FFX-ish but with a few very large zones sounds ideal.

Everything I've seen/heard so far has been very good. The only thing I'm a little uncertain about is the controls for switching Eikons; toggling between 3 seems more awkward than some alternative control scheme that lets you immediately choose one of them. Like using the same control scheme as the FF14 crossbars, where you can press L1 (or L2) to activate one Eikon's skills, R1 (or R2) for another, and L1 + R1/L2 + R2 at the same time for the third.

I guess maybe the idea is that you'll usually just cycle through them in the same order? I'm just forseeing some situation where Titan is my 2nd Eikon and I'm currently on my 3rd and need to block something, and have trouble hitting L2 twice in time to do it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hellioning posted:

posting like this in the thread for the game..., embarassing!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/03/30/ps5-creators-how-final-fantasy-xvi-harnesses-ps5s-power/

The power... of the Playstation 5!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/FF16_JP/status/1641746470134231041

Game's gone gold.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Takai looks like he needs to sleep for four days straight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Why is the Weight of the World track in Theatrythm so short? I barely have time to start crying!
Edit: oops, this is the FF16 thread

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 1, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Is there any music from the best OST in the Drakenier franchise, Drakengard 1?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is there any music from the best OST in the Drakenier franchise, Drakengard 1?

All Automata

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

There's gonna be a 2nd set that has Replicant tracks but yeah no Drakengard in the pipeline I don't think.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Kinda want that Torgal plushie

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I am sure SE would be happy to sell it to you at an inordinate price from their website in a few months.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1645894612693688320?s=20

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Awesome. Super glad they’re confident enough to show off more extended footage. I’m not watching. I’ve preordered. I’ll see it in game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CottonWolf posted:

Awesome. Super glad they’re confident enough to show off more extended footage. I’m not watching. I’ve preordered. I’ll see it in game.

Bollocks, devourer it like the pure uncut crystal it is!!!!!!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

YES...HA HA HA...YES!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

They're really showing heaps of this game. I like that approach but I also feel like this is a lot more than other titles. Seems like absolute faith in the product. I'm so pumped for it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tekne posted:

YES...HA HA HA...YES!

Tekne posted:

YES...HA HA HA...YES!

Tekne posted:

YES...HA HA HA...YES!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tekne posted:

YES...HA HA HA...YES!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help! My balls! they are gone!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9whIgbzxrrI

It's in an hour :)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Man it feels good to be genuinely hyped for a new FF.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Man it feels good to be genuinely hyped for a new FF.

Yeah! I feel really good about this one. Square has been learning and perfecting their real time combat systems. If we had only FF15 to go off of, I would be very concerned. But everything else they put out since then, and the Devil May Cry 5 combat designer being on this, makes this feel like a sure thing.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

aw, naw, they dubbing over yoship

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I've been tabbed out of the video for like the last five minutes 'cus I want to experience all these eikon fights in-game but lol this is so freaking good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Soken is God....

oh poo poo the theme song will be by Kenshi Yonezu, who you may recognise from, for example, the Chainsaw Man opening theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMA_isZYsYQ

Terper fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They definitely showed a bit too much of the Eikon battles imo but loving hell this game looks awesome. Roll on June 22