Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yoshi P looks like he needs a nap. Please Square Enix let the man sleep.

Kidding aside game looks like it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The kaiju battles look like glorified cutscenes but they sure look cool

Also lol that they need 2 NPCs dedicated to explaining the plot

EDIT: Have they said anything about graphics modes yet? I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was a 60 fps performance mode

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I like the NPC that gradually gives you info dumps as you do more side quests. It's absolutely just an excuse to try to encourage you to spend time doing side content, but I will definitely engage with that sort of gamification and look forward to reading the new things.

This looks like my ideal game. Story-focused thing with flashy combat and various Lore stuff.

I also like how a lot of the boss battles basically seem like action versions of FF14 boss fights.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They definitely showed a bit too much of the Eikon battles imo but loving hell this game looks awesome. Roll on June 22

Yeah, it looks amazing but I'm pretty sure they've shown at least like 3/4 of the Eikon battles in the trailers, if not all of them (since they've shown one for every Eikon Clive seems to get powers from that isn't also a party member).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 13, 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Have they said anything about graphics modes yet? I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was a 60 fps performance mode
4K/30, 1440/60

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

RatHat posted:

The kaiju battles look like glorified cutscenes but they sure look cool

Also lol that they need 2 NPCs dedicated to explaining the plot

There is. 60fps performance mode in 2k I believe, and 30fps 4k.

e;fb

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

oh poo poo the theme song will be by Kenshi Yonezu, who you may recognise from, for example, the Chainsaw Man opening theme

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1646627217412349952

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Terper posted:

4K/30, 1440/60

Yeah this was the biggest relief since I was worried about the 60fps being 1080p. Absolutely going with the 1440p/60 (though I may change it for cutscenes; my TV's frame interpolation stuff works extremely well for that, but not as well for actual fast-paced action).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm going to skip this video and save myself for the game but reading everyone else getting hyped is enough to get me hyped. Cant wait for this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah after like 2 years of a painfully slow drip feed I feel like they're showing too much now. I'm fully sold and I just want to play the drat thing.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

idk, they were pretty open about their promotional period revving up as soon as forspoken got shoved out the door.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I feel like the video they put on this is making it very obvious which character is going to die.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

slev posted:

I feel like the video they put on this is making it very obvious which character is going to die.

Well, its definitely not going to be the gruff but lovable mentor character and also all the people in my home town.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

1stGear posted:

Well, its definitely not going to be the gruff but lovable mentor character and also all the people in my home town.

It's kind of funny how Cid doesn't seem more than like 10 years older than older-Clive, if that. Guy looks like he's no older than his early 40s.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol this game is gonna loving own so hard.

you see cid straight up smoking in that clip. its loving done. this is the one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol this game is gonna loving own so hard.

you see cid straight up smoking in that clip. its loving done. this is the one.

I wonder if the dog is going to smoke a blunt

Edit: The dog will die because he went into battle high. An anti-drug cautionary tale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That 20 minute presentation was a lot, and every single bit of it was positive and awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder if the dog is going to smoke a blunt

Edit: The dog will die because he went into battle high. An anti-drug cautionary tale.

The dog in Tales of Vesperia, smokes weed for the entire game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Grats to Mid on her transition since FF5.

Also drat I love the trumpets that kick in at 18:56 in the 4k VOD.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just realised, there hasn't been a water eikon previewed at all, has there? Leviathan's nowhere to be seen. Unless Typhon took his place?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know how much is proven and how much is fan theory stuff but I thought I'd read Leviathan is in.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's endgame/final villain territory though. Clive & Joshua are Ifrit and Phoenix, water's a natural opposite.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I just realised, there hasn't been a water eikon previewed at all, has there? Leviathan's nowhere to be seen. Unless Typhon took his place?

Leviathan hasn't shown up in any of the previews but it is in the art amano made for the collector's edition box.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Doomtrain was on the FFXV one so, you never know

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

goddamn

that Stranger of Paradise credit roll tho :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Clive looks like a Castlevania character and I am very okay with that

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ibblebibble posted:

theres no pin badge of the hud icons like the rest of them got, i think lev is in it or mentioned but not a power unless its dlc

Cant remember if the now proven leak mentioned lev or not either

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 14, 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Happy Birthday :)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/VGAR_SA/status/1653711143528181760

Game officially confirmed to not be available in Saudi Arabia because SE were unwilling to change the game's content.

Whatever that implies.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Terper posted:

https://twitter.com/VGAR_SA/status/1653711143528181760

Game officially confirmed to not be available in Saudi Arabia because SE were unwilling to change the game's content.

Whatever that implies.

There were some tweets a couple months ago about FFXVI having LGBT content that the team was not going to remove or censor in any region to avoid being banned, so I'm guessing that's what this is about.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

Clive looks like a Castlevania character and I am very okay with that

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Harrow posted:

There were some tweets a couple months ago about FFXVI having LGBT content that the team was not going to remove or censor in any region to avoid being banned, so I'm guessing that's what this is about.

Don't know how true the tweet's explanation is but it's been making the rounds among my friends

https://twitter.com/_GLITCHED_/status/1654017444615274496

TTBF fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 4, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I bet it's a lot less intimate than people are expecting, like it's just two dudes kissing with their shirts off or something.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've never heard of this outlet so I'm going to take this report with a grain of salt, also

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There will be hardcore, full frontal gay sex in Final Fantasy XVI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There will be hardcore, full frontal gay sex in Final Fantasy XVI.

God willing