Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

HD DAD posted:

I still think we’ve seen almost nothing from the second half of the game.

That's where the sexual content will be. 40 hours of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Is there a reason to not just let players rebind buttons as they please

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

As someone who’s never played any FF but XV would you all be willing to share some of the lore about things in this game that are being carried forward, or are references, to things in prior games? I didn’t know Ifrit was from prior games. I also heard in passing there’s some guy like a shop owner or side character who appears in all the games like From Soft’s Patches? I love stuff like that and 100% can’t wait to play XVI.

Clive uses a sword, which is a reference to several other FF protagonists who also used swords

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Autododge is a trap btw since you won't be able to use the insanely cool counter moves

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If control type C just switched circle and L1 it would be perfect

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Chocobo speed seems pretty good to me? I agree about the sprinting speed not being great, though.

The chocobo is like 10% faster than sprinting, which considering how annoying it is to summon and mount is kinda terrible

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Odin is absolutely my favorite Eikon. Here's the secret of Arms of Darkness: Because it attacks so fast it is really easy to get parries with it. Hitting parries fills the Zantetsuken meter up like nothing else other than Dancing Steel. Putting out more level 4-5 Zantetsukens is a shitload of damage and I got the point where I almost always kept a level 5 in the chamber just so I can instantly finish a big group of normal enemies if I didn't feel like fighting them or drop it on a stagger bar enemy when they hit the halfway point.

Rift Slip's time slow effect also applies to boss stagger bars refilling, meaning you can cancel out of the ending lag of moves like, for example, Dancing Steel and Gigaflare to fit more attacks (re: more Zantetsukens) into the stagger window. I think my highest overall damage was 160k.

A little Odin trick I like is that Dancing Steel will target and hit Lightning Rod, which turns it from something that does almost 0 damage to something that does....a lot. After a Garuda topple, Lunge->Lightning Rod->Rift Slip->Dancing Steel->Rift Slip will deal a ton of stagger and normal damage and leaves you with a lvl 5 in the tank (if you're using the +25% accessory). It basically makes Gouge totally obsolete.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

It's easy to focus too much on stagger and trying to do all your damage in the window, since the multiplier only goes up to 1.5x. It's not like FF13 or 7R where you can do 300-500% damage on staggered enemies.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

What was the last big Square release that didnt have DLC

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Oh I thought I'd already done the endgame subquest dump but it turns out there's another, even bigger one right before what I presume is the final quest lol. Why would they decide to do this right before two moments where the plot is emphasizing that time is of the essence instead of sprinkling them out throughout the game? There were like 2 sidequests total in the first half of the game.

Devs have MMO brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

is zansetsukening everything still the strat after the patch