Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I didn't mind the party swapping in FF7R although I also wouldn't complain if I just got to play as Tifa the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I died once to Hellfire during the prologue because I didn't know what I was supposed to be aiming at and then never again, level 31 now. It's quite an easy game, easier than FF7R even. Just cycling through your eikon powers is usually enough to waste everything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think I would have liked the game more if they opened up the Hard Mode and style rankings from the start for the players who wanted it. Just mashing through everything is fine when you're playing a 10-hour DMC campaign for the first time but it gets real old after 50.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hi-Fi Rush gets away with this by having all parries happen on the beat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Let them work on octopath 3 imo

Let's compromise, they get to make Octo 3 but one of the travelers is named Cid.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Sanbreque is fairly consistently French, except for the fact that nearly everyone on Storm has English accents.

Trying to get pan-European representation in a game of this size usually requires outsourcing your VA to multiple studios and it's easier to just coordinate within a single country. Hence why all the accents in any vaguely European AAA game are predominantly just British.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The superbosses and dark aeons in FFX gave me a lot of trouble. Fortunately all things are possible with Yojimbo, pay 2 win baby!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FF16 has tons of status effects they are just called “stagger” “hitstun” and “air combo” now instead of dark etc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Aye but the button:awesome connection should always exceed the gamer's grasp.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ironically google is so riddled with inaccurate AI written articles now that we get to experience the confusion of playground video game rumors all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jill had the same problems a lot of supporting characters did in this story, where it seems like the writers remember to flip a switch every so often to turn her on and then throw her back into the bin until she needs to come out again. She rarely gets any dialogue outside of her own chapter that isn't purely expository.