Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
It is confirmed for PC, but they said they don’t have a date and it’ll take a while. So if you can wait a year at least no need to buy a console :shrug:. Getting a PS5 can still be worth it for other Sony first party games, guess it’ll depend on your budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 12, 2023

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Overbite posted:

Not a fan of the eikon battle at the end of the demo, felt like something out of Star Wars Rebel Assault or another FMV shooty game. Move the cursor around the screen and press a button while a video plays in the background (i know its real time, shush). Not the most thrilling gameplay.

Haven't done the bonus battle stuff yet but I'm hoping the combat later on is more involved.

Also I hate game of thrones so that's a big strike against this, but oh well I'm a Final Fantasy mark so I'm gonna play it anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, Eikon battles have different gameplay mechanics depending on the fight. Still, I imagine they'll all be more about the spectacle than the actual gameplay presented (which is fine since the actual game combat seems incredible)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Release the game!!!!

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
This game feels very uneven to me.

Itemization and exploration are trash. Side quests are mostly trash. Skill upgrade system is also pretty bad giving only some small bonus before mastery.

Main story, voice acting, characters, visuals/presentation, combat and Eikon battles are engaging and fun.

Overall, for me, it’s a good game but far from great. The lows are reaaallly low.

Zelda still GOTY (until Armored Core).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The “Quest complete/Enemy Slain” screen interrupting the end of epic boss fights and other pivotal moments is so bad lol how did they leave it there, it breaks the pace of so many emotional moments