Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

VostokProgram posted:

Convince me not to buy a PS5 for this

Would you ever buy a video game for $570? Never get a console for a single game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Why is the Weight of the World track in Theatrythm so short? I barely have time to start crying!
Edit: oops, this is the FF16 thread

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 1, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is there any music from the best OST in the Drakenier franchise, Drakengard 1?

All Automata

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

How much control does the game allow you for graphics tweaks? I was watching a stream and the effect they chose for cinematic clashes makes my eyeballs throb, but all I can find online is articles about "quality mode vs performance mode".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

There isn't an option to turn down or lessen the screen throb during QTEs is there? Particularly clashes, the wavy orange lines accentuate whatever makes my eyes ache. Kinda a deal breaker for me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski posted:

There isn't an option to turn down or lessen the screen throb during QTEs is there? Particularly clashes, the wavy orange lines accentuate whatever makes my eyes ache. Kinda a deal breaker for me.

Tracked down a shot of graphics options and nope, just brightness and the quality/performance toggle. Not surprised given other accessibility issues, but good to have confirmed since it's a hard pass for me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Caidin posted:

That entire sequence is just a treat. Josh and Jote hanging out upstairs and bailing out the window because oh gently caress Clive is here and we ain't explaining poo poo about our deal yet! The mooks just bemusedly staring as Byron vacuums up the spread before the table gets kicked. Wonderful

There's some wonderful use of long shots in that scene, most games (and movies for that matter) aren't willing to let something breathe like that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Solus posted:

I feel like Sickos.jpg whenever I get to an Eikon Fight. They're not particularly hard but holy poo poo the loving rule

There's a reason this style of game is called a Spectacle Fighter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Were people complaining about female representation in SoP? Because Neon and Sophia both kick rear end and are important to the plot.

Anyway, I know I say this literally every time I do an eikon battle, but WHAT THE gently caress HOW WAS THAT BETTER THAN THE LAST EIKON BATTLE

MC4
I had called the Bahamut fight being a Joshua/Clive tag team fight but I didn't expect a fusion dance at all. To be honest until that bit I was thinking it was a bit overhyped, but it didn't help that I was dumb and failed the gigaflare charging up sequence twice because I didn't realise that I should have been charged magicing the orbs down. And then the battle complete freeze frame came up and I went "that's it?" and it turned out no, it was not it at all.

loving love this game.

Me during most of the game: "oh neat, this is an attack from FF14."
Me during that part: "OMG THIS IS THE ATTACK FROM FF14!!!" Teraflare is the reason I never try to skip the adds when doing Bahamut's fight for loot or catbook, and I was so dang happy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

bobjr posted:

When Cid's (mid gameish? spoiler) daughter appeared and her name is Mid it was the funniest thing to me.

That's canon? Been the case in 5, 12, 15, and reversed in 14.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

I also think they didn't do a good job of integrating her into the side quest dialog and hid her character model while you're walking around. At one point an npc I walked by talked about possibly arresting me for being a bearer but stopped because my "master" was there. it confused me until I remembered that Jill was there, just NEVER in frame.

My girlfriend is here too, just out of frame, laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

isk posted:

I geeked out a bit when I realized most of them have good distal taper. Even (endgame weapons) Ragnarok / Gotterdammerung, which look massive upfront, actually have a thin profile - just like a proper longsword. I was gonna criticize their hilts for not being big enough / pommels not weighty enough, but nope, they work when you look at them from all angles.

A transmog system would be :kiss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yhgDoJQtBc you might enjoy this, a replica-maker was commissioned to make Clive's sword.