Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

HD DAD posted:

Same, but more like 40 hours. I have the Deluxe Edition preordered at Best Buy, and I’m going to be that guy walking in right as they open to grab it.

drat I'll have to wait till Lunchtime to grab it. At least I can install it and then do a work meeting during that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

When I went to order on Amazon it said it wouldn't be here till July 6th which was not gonna happen.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yep. The direction and style of the cutscenes is also extremely Final Fantasy XIV. It seriously feels like Final Fantasy XIV with Devil May Cry combat.

It's like they made a game specifically tailored to my tastes.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, when I played the demo my biggest challenge is that I didn't want to just beat things - I wanted to beat them with a bunch of perfect dodges (and with the actual game and that practice mode I'll try to get more parries as well). When I died or came close to dying, it was mainly because I was constantly trying to pull of perfect dodges or parries (and would eat poo poo when I failed), but in most of those situations I could have avoided the attacks by simply running around (but that feels lame). I get the impression that it's pretty easy to survive if you just play it safe.

Yeah even though there isn't a rating after each battle I still feel like there is and I want all Ss.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

sponges posted:

I am also in the “want to play but don’t have a ps5 crowd”.

I’m old and I’d feel like an r-worded man child owning all three current consoles.

But I already have two of them so…

I own all three, a PC and that Logitech G Cloud thing so I can play them all on the couch while my GF watches Below Deck.

It owns!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

It's also cool you can go and buy the console now and not wake up at 4:30 a.m. because you heard a rumor of a Best Buy drop at 5...

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

JBP posted:

Using R1 to dodge is going to take some getting used to, but I always use the recommended config because I believe that devs do this for a reason and I have faith in Suzuki having configured the game's controls for reasons that will reveal themselves.

I did set B for the story demo then when I got to the Eikonic challenge demo realized holding down R and pressing triangle or square to do an Eikon move was way easier than holding square and pressing a trigger.

O being the dash/shield button feels right.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I have no idea whether or not that spoiler is safe for me to click compared to where I am in the game so I can't really put an opinion on it, turns out.

Not a story spoiler but a theme spoiler but probably best to get through the game before reading it and giving an opinion.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

The side quests are really fun to do when football is on commercial.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Now that I'm at the sidequest dump, I know why they did it:

Without that content you'd hardly get to use Odin before New Game Plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Nothing about it felt like it was made in a hurry. The production values are top notch and the combat system is rad.

I guess they didn't get the frame rates right though.