Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

This part makes me sad. Final Fantasy has been getting further and further away from having a cast of characters that work together to save the world. I want a new FF game that has a diverse cast of people with their own stories and goals, working together against an epic world ending enemy. That is what Final Fantasy is about to me, it's a core identity of the franchise.

I share your concerns (especially since I had a lot of the same concerns about FFXV and I hated how that turned out). Ideally the side characters get a decent focus for being unplayable and we don't need Episodes for all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The advantage of me not having a PS5 means that I cannot actually listen to the part of my brain that tells me to day one purchase all Final Fantasy games and now I can actually obtain more information to see if I like it before it comes out on PC or I get a PS5.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I just want a party of weirdos again. I think the party in XV and a lot of the characters in XVI look like they belong together too much, and the fact you had to wait until the DLC to play as characters besides Noctis was very bad. I do not want stories focused so much on a single character in Final Fantasy, even if the only real ensemble cast was VI (and the MMOs by necessity.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do find it kind of weird that you have to beat the game to unlock the harder mode but it's not like this game invented that so whatever.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Terper posted:

Final Fantasy XVI is the third M-rated Final Fantasy game with action combat

Which is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Shoehead posted:

FF15 is amazing to look back on, because they tried making it this massive multimedia journey to embark on with anime shorts and a cg movie and a prequel beat em up and all sorts of other tiny tie-ins and then hosed it on the actual game. One of the cutscenes was just footage from Kingsglaive, if I remember right

I'm pretty sure that is because they just straight up added in bit of Kingsglaive because people who hadn't watched Kingsglaive were getting to that part of the story and wondering why it was just described as something that happened off screen.