Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Glad to see Kenny Omega made it in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ytlaya posted:

From what I've seen of other people playing, the issue seems to be that most of Clive's toolkit is objectively inferior and there's an "optimal rotation" of sorts where you use the Shiva dash thing constantly while mixing in Zantetsukens and canceling out of stuff.

This bothers me, because it feels like that stuff is far more important than the actual "action-y" parts of the gameplay.

This doesn't impact most of a normal playthrough at all since you unlock stuff gradually and playing "optimally" isn't necessary, but I basically hit a point where the way to "git gud" was to perfect execution of this specific sort of rotation that used abilities I don't even enjoy using.

My answer was to "just not use those abilities," but it feels bad that I'm basically hurting my own performance by doing so and I can't "git (as) gud" through the actual action parts of the gameplay.

Edit: Added in spoiler tags for ability names just in case

Game is easy enough that you can use whatever you want.