Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i wanna cuddle torgal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They definitely showed a bit too much of the Eikon battles imo but loving hell this game looks awesome. Roll on June 22

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know how much is proven and how much is fan theory stuff but I thought I'd read Leviathan is in.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's endgame/final villain territory though. Clive & Joshua are Ifrit and Phoenix, water's a natural opposite.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So that's why they included QTEs gently caress yea

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If the rest of the game is as good as the demo, it's gonna be a drat good game

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bewilderment posted:

as a separate post I would like to state that this is the horniest opening hour an FF game has ever had

i mean, any acknowledgement that sex exists gets you the #1 spot here.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The PC version would fix absolutely every complaint I have about the demo, they're all simple technical things you can either mod out (motion blur) or brute force (consistent FPS).

Can't wait for launch day on PS5 and then PC drop.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Argue posted:

There's a lot less motion blur if you change the graphics mode to framerate-focused from graphics-focused, so that's both of your complaints addressed!

I played the demo on performance mode and usually play games at 120fps plus so fair to say that performance mode absolutely does not fix the performance in inconsistencies for me, but I also recognise I'm an extreme fringe case example and I can deal with it being like it is here, and the full release could be a more recent build, more consistent FPS anyway.

I dealt with FF15 on PS4, it's nowhere similar to how rough that was.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

It'll be nice to get the Torgal minion in FFXIV.

they're fully missing a trick if babby torg isn't a minion and bigg torg isn't a mount

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've just unlocked open area 3 and can confidently say that Devil May Clive is an extremely good game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goetz haters need to equip the "timely accessory of get some loving taste"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 21, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

can't believe you're not orange parsing ff16 at all times...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've not fought Levi yet. YoshiP say's a test of your Ifrit skills on purpose, which is cool, but also the last time anyone fought as Ifrit was probably 9 months ago so maybe there should have been a bit of a "btw this is how you play as Ifrit" section, or even in the training mode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bold of them to make you go back to the PS menu and also share a screenshot on social media, seems a bit out of character for the game but i vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've just cleared it on FF difficulty (though it says it defaults to normal but the screen still says it's FF mode up top? :iiam:) and it's definitely fun.
Leviathan is a hard carry in that thing with it's insane stagger damage, but its dodge is basically a hard counter for both the big bosses on floors 15 and 20.

S ranking all of the individual floors to get the bonus fight would be pretty reasonable if it saved your best score on an individual stage or let you replay until you get S rank. If you have to single run it, gently caress that. The fight's nothing new to the game so it's not a loss to not do it.

Love that the final ultimate weapon you can get is a crystalised piss sword