Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

ImpAtom posted:

Like Torgal he is protected by Good Boy Energy.

The real message of this game is that being a Geordie gives you superpowers. I've been to Newcastle, I've seen pictures of them on a Friday night, and how much they wear when it's freezing cold. A little bit of aether ain't doing nowt to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Before the game came out I remember rumours that the engine is a heavily boosted and hacked version of the XIV engine. Having actually seen it... especially some of the cutscene animation stuff... I can definitely see how that could be true. What do people think?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Yeah! And he gets some more quests in Final Fantasy mode.

Whoa. FF Mode has extra Blackthorne content?!

lines
Aug 18, 2013

WotW is in my view broken, here's why: WotW plus Lightning Rod is a "stagger gauge go brrrr" combo. If you stand next to an enemy with WotW up and do Lightning Rod it'll do like half the stagger bar of an S rank hunt. That plus Diamond Dust is just broken.

That's not even considering its defensive potential which helps if you gently caress up the combo.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Thundarr posted:

The actual mechanics of how the attack works don't seem to be very consistent, other than "would it sound badass if I said I can cut this? If yes, then I cut it."

it's basically up to barnabas's DM, he just has a sword that says "can cut anything" on his character sheet and he keeps just trying to use it more and more ridiculously

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Ultimachat: The main thing about him is that he really is just a selfish narcissistic rear end in a top hat like Anabella, which is why the heroes' reactions to him aren't serious, good-faith philosophical engagement but just 'gently caress off slaver, we know your type'. They've been trained by their experiences throughout the entire game to know exactly what kind of worthless parasite they're dealing with, because the injustices he's responsible for have been fractally layered across Valisthea in a cruel zero-sum game.

This is I think the strength of the game really. It is why the reviews that complained it forgot its earlier plot later on confused me so much. Ultima is literally Just Some Guy and he has no right to treat his creations as property because people aren't property. He's just a slaver! It's impossibly deserved when Clive punches him in the face! Great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Until the DLC! Looking forward to that.