Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Ground floor Clive crew :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

FrostyPox posted:

I am very confident it will come to PC, but not for at least six months. I'm guessing within 12 months.

My confidence is based on nothing except for the fact that all the other numbered ffs are on pc

I reckon 12 months based on nothing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

FFXV is the best one.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I got lucky and did a walk up pre-order in December 2020 and got it first week of Jan. They stopped doing walk up orders right after I got mine, presumably because it was too easy to get a PS5 that way versus pressing F5 for 20 hours a day.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They're really showing heaps of this game. I like that approach but I also feel like this is a lot more than other titles. Seems like absolute faith in the product. I'm so pumped for it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to skip this video and save myself for the game but reading everyone else getting hyped is enough to get me hyped. Cant wait for this.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I am absolutely here for the Japanese game of thrones melodrama. Everything I've heard about the first few hours sounds really good. Can't wait to play the demo whenever that happens.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ibblebibble posted:

God I hope that the demo pops up soon. Like I'm having fun fighting in the streets but let me Clive it up cmon

Demo in two days if the prophecy of two weeks comes to pass

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I haven't pre-ordered the game because there doesn't seem to be any benefit. I'll probably preorder it for preload later.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

I preordered the disc and baby, im getting a poster, character art cards, items and everythibg on disc no day 1 patch :cool:

gently caress maybe I should get physical but also I bet it means I can't play the game when it comes out

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

No.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

HD DAD posted:

I want there to be the dumbest, story-derailing twist 70% through. It’s all aliens. Clive is his own grandfather. Valisthea is actually the moon and the moon is the real planet with an ultra-future civilization. Idc

I feel like this is going to happen because they've shown so much footage of what you'd think were bosses through the entire game. Surely it's going to go wild for the final act/s.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RatHat posted:

Nope, that’s just games now. At least Canada doesn’t have it as bad as Australia

The federal minimum wage in Australia is like $8 an hour higher than Canada

E: FFXVI is $90 at JB

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 15, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I switched from graphics to frame rate after the first bunch of cutscenes. Very noticeable difference in image quality and it seemed to make animations look really weird at times. The frame rate also judders a lot in performance and makes me wonder if just sucking it up and playing 30fps with nicer image quality is the way to go. Not sure if the animation thing is real or imagined since I'd only done a little walking before switching.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mean Baby posted:

It’s real imo. I normally really notice 30 vs 60, but 30 felt better in this game than most. There is probably some voodoo going on.

It seems to go super hard on blur with no way to turn it off, making me think 30 is just the way to go. Maybe put it on performance for a second run to get high scores when the game is patched up idk.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Demo was awesome I'm all in. More all in than I was two days ago.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

All time great gaming moment when hard mode hell house barfs out a tonberry.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Just finished the demo and while it was very cool I was not prepared for so much chocobo violence, pretty sure I actually flinched when Clive's got decked by a stray rock

I was out of my seat like come on buddy pull through it and chadabo walked it off

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is English a dub when it's the media's principal language?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm honestly surprised at how excited I am for this game. When it was first announced, I completely wrote it off. I believed Square didn't have it in them to not make a new final fantasy to get excited about after the awfulness of 13 and 15.

15 is good though. 13 is surprisingly nice to play now as well. The entire game is handmade and beautiful versus the way games are made now with open world everything, reused assets and poo poo menus. It's really refreshing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dpulex posted:

The main character we are supposed to like is a highborn pretty boy who gets handed everything and is part of an aristocracy that upholds slavery. Hopefully something happens to knock him down a few pegs or he gets immensely more likeable.

He has the tattoo on his face that indicates the general public is allowed to poo poo on you, is that enough?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

His mum sucks too lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Concurred posted:

ff15 was really fun and i enjoyed it

It's my favourite videogame!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1670936761139335168?s=20

Oh dear. Maybe I should do that for my launch PS5 before release

The ps5 has clever little holes you can put a vacuum on and clean it out. Thanks Cerny!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's designed that way. It's actually incredibly good for it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'll wait on western reviews since they probably played the game dubbed in Japanese

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Deified Data posted:

Can anyone give a summary of the differences between the difficulty levels? What's "Final Fantasy" mode exactly?

Story: starts with the assist items equipped to give you auto dodge etc

Action: standard mode, no assist items equipped but they are still in your inventory if you want them

Final Fantasy: NG+ higher difficulty like FF7R hard mode. It remixes a lot tho and even has higher levels and new stuff to get.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Using R1 to dodge is going to take some getting used to, but I always use the recommended config because I believe that devs do this for a reason and I have faith in Suzuki having configured the game's controls for reasons that will reveal themselves.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cimber posted:

Opening scene is totally not a rip off from LOTR:TT opening. Nope, not at all.

Pretty sure it was an homage and I liked it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Isn't there meant to be a motion blur toggle with the patch? Can't find it and the blur sucks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I prefer quality despite the blur. Performance feels like it's constantly hitching and uneven. Turning off blur on graphics mode will be perfect, it's very steady.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I only got annoyed by one thing last night. I made a weapon at the blacksmith and upgraded it, but making the weapon cost me the material I needed to upgrade a second time. Then I found the base weapon at the shop that I could have bought and upgraded fully. So I guess I need to check both before I make choices.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

From what I can tell making a weapon at the blacksmith always starts at +1 whereas the shop has the base version so it always uses the same amount of materials whichever way you do it? I guess it's just so if you don't have the mats you can just buy a basic shop version.

Nah I needed a monster mane for +2 and not to +1 a bought weapon. Making the weapon at the blacksmith at +1 cost me the mane, so I didn't have it for +2.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also what's the deal with getting a boss weapon that's outclassed by other junk you can just make in the blacksmith? Do weapons have some secret number I'm not noticing or just what's on the pane when you buy?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

The boss weapons are basically there to assure you are at a specific base level of power.

Cool that makes sense. It's a shame you can't upgrade them, the first one looks cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Press triangle to see the ability upgrade and mastery benefits.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I have reached the Final Fantasy part of the game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I never played FFXIV. This game owns so I guess that game owned too?

I've got three eikons and I'm in what seems to be the main part of the game about to go and blow up a second crystal. Final Fantasy terrorists forever!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

All the eikon battles are like a cool Godzilla movie I love them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe I'm MMO-pilled but I've enjoyed the side quests. For me, I use those as a moment to just chill and immerse myself in the world. A little peek into the rest of the world.

I like them too. The game is beautiful so it's just a chance to look at stuff on the way.

Do I need to go back to the hunt board to see where they are? I got a quest to hunt a specific thing and I checked the hunt board, but the quest doesn't update and I can't find the location of the monster...