Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
FF16 is gonna be real fucken good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Please be good! Final Fantasy single player mainline games have not been good since FFXII, and that released in 2006.

The legacy of the bad final fantasies has shaped our games for too long

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VostokProgram posted:

Convince me not to buy a PS5 for this

You should buy a ps5 for this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FrostyPox posted:

Gosh dang I am sorely tempted to spend almost $600 so I can play this dumb game

Hell, I did. Even if I did spend the majority of that money over 2 years ago... it still counts right?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Needs to go in the op

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There will be hardcore, full frontal gay sex in Final Fantasy XVI.

GOTY

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Edit: false alarm

:siren:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm gonna play the demo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, I've already preordered my physical copy of ff16 ages ago, but just thinking back to playing the octopath traveler 2 demo and thinking oh my god I have to get this game on day one hehehe. Demos own

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Gimmie da freakin demo pls!!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wheres the freakin demo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wheres the freakin demo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Where the freakin' demo

Been saying this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Ah, so I probably won't get to play it until after work tomorrow.

Same

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wheres the freakin demo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I was 100% surprised that Wade and Taylor were not named Biggs and Wedge TBH.

Same, as soon as I saw them I was like "it's biggs and wedge!!" And then they said their names and they weren't :eng99:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CuriousSymptoms posted:

I spent most of my time playing the demo grinning and thinking 'this is sick as hell' to myself. God drat I am excited for a summer of Final Fantasy.

Hell yes :D :D :D

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cardboard Fox posted:

The amount of times I've hit circle instead of R1 to dodge.....

Amen. I tried switching to the control scheme that had dodge on circle but some of the rest of the buttons didn't feel right so I switched back, further adding to my confusion lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Do we even need to read any reviews at this point?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Argue posted:

Oh what the gently caress. Ugh why even

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

RatHat posted:

But what IS a Final Fantasy???

You know it when you see it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Books On Tape posted:

Yeah worried about that too. This is a loving JRPG series. Being good at combat should amount to how much I’ve built up my characters and planning.

It’s like everybody played elden ring/souls and wants to make their games like that now. It’s really getting annoying.

Dark Souls is JRPG

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm glad there's no minimap. Any game with a minimap I find myself constantly staring at the minimap and not the cool poo poo on the screen, so I'm glad it's gone. A bold choice, but ultimately the correct one imo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Was avoiding this thread cuz I didn't want to be inadvertently spoiled while playing the game, but it seems this thread is mostly just ppl complaining about inane bullshit so thanks for saving me the trouble lol cya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

(Eikon 3)Lightning Rod + (Eikon 5)Gigaflare is certainly a thing. I'll probably stick with this for now. 7th Eikon is kind of interesting, but a bit of a pain, though it seems like its Rift Slip ability will be very useful for cramming stuff into stagger windows. The tool tip for that ability doesn't properly communicate just how big the cooldown reduction is if you use it during another ability. The one tricky part is that it seems like you need to get familiar with the ability animations so you can trigger it after they do damage but while they're still technically active.

Also (post Eikon 6) For gently caress's sake, I did not actually think it would be a good idea for Joshua to fight Clive over Jill. That would obviously have been very stupid, even if it would have also been funny to suddenly have that happen at that point in the game.

The actual reason he punches Clive is also pretty dumb though, given how quickly he reconciles afterwards. It's like they felt some need to introduce friction between the brothers but couldn't figure out when to do so, so they just stuck that in.

punching your best friend, brother, significant other, etc in the face because you love them so much is a big ol anime trope hth