Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I took tomorrow off to play this but Amazon is saying it has shipped and will be delivered before 10pm. I haven't had a physical game on release day in years, I'm in a fairly large major city and 5 minutes from the Amazon distribution center, anyone know if Amazon release day delivery is really going to be that late? What are the odds I took the day off for nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003

I finished Final Fantasy difficulty at level 93, have the best gear, and never had problems with the story outside of the fight with the last dominant, but God drat chronology trials kick my rear end. I love combat in this game and I'm kinda excited to learn how to effectively use abilities I've ignored until now. I wish there was more hard content where I can learn how some abilities interact more, like chronology trials but with preset pairings from multiple eikons. Will-o-the-wikes and Lightning Rod is such an insane combo and I wonder how other skills intersect like that.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

I tried Lightning Rod strats when starting FF mode but found it way too finicky - especially putting one down to stagger and then after the stagger cutscene having the enemy end up nowhere near the rod drove me up the wall

As long as the lightning rod is still active, you can hit the button again and place it wherever you are. I used that alongside the orbiting fireball skill to get almost anything half staggered, especially if it's a large boss that just settled/knocked back for a few moments