Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

https://youtu.be/g23XT_U_NHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Sakurazuka posted:

Every FF game released since 12 has been better than 12.

Yes all of them.

You’re right, XII TZA is pretty baller

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

1stGear posted:

Yoshi-P about to bring the Balmung experience to the single player space.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Meiteron posted:

About 8 hours and two Eikons in and I'm getting huge FF12 vibes from this, not so much the setting or writing but that I am way more invested in the much cooler secondary character than the main character.

I mean Clive's fine, good backstory and motivations there mate then there's Cid, you know? What does Cid think about this? When Cid isn't in a scene characters should be asking "where's Cid"?

Cid loving rules. He reminds of the guy that plays Lucifer in that Lucifer TV series.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

MechaX posted:

Honestly the journalist discourse on the side quests is kind of strange to me.

Like, it sucks how it doesn't have very few but a little longer side quests like 6 through 10. But like, I guess we could go back to 12 and 13 where it was all Hunts, but 16 has Hunts too so I'm not sure what the major malfunction here is.

Yeah 15 had more side quests but a lot of that also boiled down to "go here and get jumped by a bunch of monsters" and I don't remember nearly enough people complaining about that hitch in priority of everything else.

I know it's not the same but when I think of FF "side quests" I think of optional areas/dungeons with cool poo poo behind hard fights. Like FF5 and FF6 had areas you never had to visit that contained unique monsters and unique items. You might learn some rare powerful piece of Blue Magic or obtain some piece of gear off a steal table on a mob that only shows up in a far-off corner of the world. Stuff like that. Hell in 6 you could get whole rear end party members. Also, the Dragons' Den, Soul of Thamasa , etc..

That's what I'm thinking of when I say "I hope this new FF game has cool side quests." The Hunt system is okay as a series of combat challenges. 15 had Pitioss Ruins, which was pretty unique. It's post-game so the prize might not be worth it at that point, but hey it's something.

I'm only like two Eikons in so there may very well be cool side quests on the other side. For now they just seem like tiny bits of world-building rather than challenges with meaningful rewards.

Not coming at you or anything, just decided to quote your post, lol

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Why is Cid so cool