Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I fly in at 5 am Saturday morning. I got an air bnb about a 20 minute walk away from the venue

Anyone doing the Defy show as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think Blue Jay's have a home series as well and I'm in town on Friday so should catch a game as well

Oakland is in town that weekend, so if you want to see the Jays win, it's a good weekend for it!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

Oakland is in town that weekend, so if you want to see the Jays win, it's a good weekend for it!

Oh poo poo I'm from Oakland originally! I could see them lose in a new country! When is that game?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Oh poo poo I'm from Oakland originally! I could see them lose in a new country! When is that game?

Friday night around 7:30pm, Saturday afternoon around 4:30pm but that probably will overlap with Collision, and Sunday afternoon around 1:30pm so for you, Sunday afternoon game then walk up the street to Forbidden Door seems the best bet

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hmm I am probably going to skip Collision, because I'm doing the Smash wrestling double shot before Forbidden door.

I got front row tickets for that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I ended up skipping the Smash shows because that and Collision and the pape is Too Much Wrestling for me. But I'm hoping some of the talent in town like Allie Katch, Masha, Mercedes Martinez, etc get onto the ROH taping.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'll catch the Jay's/A's on Friday and maybe see about doing one of the smaller Sunday Afternoon shows before the PPV as I want to do some normal Tourist stuff Saturday

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Visit Toronto's iconic and award winning buffet

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

personally fell off of watching aew, but forbidden door 2 announcement got me hype. I’ve always wanted to watch njpw live and this is an opportunity to do so without leaving the city. it also helped that revolution was spectacular. ended up grabbing 100-level tickets with a fellow goon and their ppv-watching crew, I have full faith that this event is going to kick rear end

I won’t buy collision tickets right away because I got rampside row 4 floor rampage tickets for less than five dollars last time aew rolled through, but I’ll likely attend if there’s a similarly good deal

anyway I’m always happy to recommend stuff to do and places to eat in toronto

maybe we open the forbidden door by knocking… a couple back pre-drinking at the surprisingly cheap and good grocery store bar right next to the arena?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm down for some pre show drinks!

I would have to leave the defy show a bit early but man I'm ready

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Since doors are at 6 for Collision I'm guessing they shoot ROH before the show at 8? I assumed it'd be after.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Anyone wanna meet up after collision somewhere?

Idk what I'm doing just yet so I'm just thinking out loud

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If Church Street is still banging on at that time that'll be the spot.

https://www.pridetoronto.com/events/month/2023-06/

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Party for pride then wrestling at 11 am.

Hoo boy

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
As a PSA, I'm selling halfway decent tickets for this in SA Mart:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4032179&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post531930612

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The day is coming up!

What are the plans my dudes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i sold my ticket because people were adamant that they wouldn't let my baby in for free and more importantly i shouldn't bring a baby to this kind of show. the baby is 1 day old

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ARMBAR A COP posted:

The day is coming up!

What are the plans my dudes

I'll be taking my kids to the pride parade and some other events in the day, decided to skip the Smash/Defy shows since I'm doing Collision the day before.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'll be taking my kids to the pride parade and some other events in the day, decided to skip the Smash/Defy shows since I'm doing Collision the day before.

Oh the parade is on Sunday? Dang

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I am very excited to do a Collision into the Forbidden Door.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Oh the parade is on Sunday? Dang

Yep. There's events all weekend but Sunday is, to borrow a phrase, time...for the main event

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I drunkenly purchased good tickets to the Smash/Defy show without knowing if my friends were interested because we're already doing Collision and Forbidden Door but it looks like everyone's on board with this plan of having like 16 hours of wrestling in two days.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

but it looks like everyone's on board with this plan of having like 16 hours of wrestling in two days.

sounds rad ngl

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I drunkenly purchased good tickets to the Smash/Defy show without knowing if my friends were interested because we're already doing Collision and Forbidden Door but it looks like everyone's on board with this plan of having like 16 hours of wrestling in two days.

I'll be at the show front row.

I'm trying to do something on Saturday night

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I should look into Smash or Defy and doing Collison and the PPV so ready for wrestling overload!

Cavauro posted:

i sold my ticket because people were adamant that they wouldn't let my baby in for free and more importantly i shouldn't bring a baby to this kind of show. the baby is 1 day old

Need to get the young lions starting their okada feud young!

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I'm flying from Texas with my girlfriend for this show. Got some floor seats, but she hates wrestling. Luckily I think another friend happens to be in Toronto on vacation at the same time.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Public Service Announcement for anyone going to the Sunday SMASH shows at Rec Room:

Get food somewhere else. Last time I was there I ordered a corn dog and it took them like 35 minutes to make it, and the time before that I got a buffalo chicken poutine and threw up nearly immediately (and it probably wasn't because I drank too much).

Also, the beers on tap have been warm the last three times I went, so get cans if you want them to be cold.

I got pals coming in from out of town on weird schedules so will probably miss the SMASH shows and Collision.

If anyone is still in town the following Thursday (June 29th) there's a DEMAND LUCHA show with Gringo Loco / Speedball Mike Bailey / Hijo Del Vikingo / Jack Cartwheel main event

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I went there once for a work thing and ordered nachos and I don't remember what they did to them exactly but I wondered how they could gently caress up nachos in that particular way. I think they were very unpleasantly wet and/or bitter.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

honestly the eating at union station if you’re coming in from there is pretty good for that neighbourhood. wvrst, union chicken, sansotei ramen, all decent options that aren’t the dogshit that the roundhouse rec room churns out. closer to the venue, the panago pizza right off of simcoe is good for a chain. iQ blows fresh/freshii out of the water if you’re eating healthy. finally, the hot dog cart right outside the rec room has been in the family for generations. the dogs aren’t great and they’re 1.5 times as expensive as any other cart in the city but it’s again going to be better than the venue food

oh yeah, if you were planning on going full tourist and heading up the CN tower, it’s drat near $50 now. 360, the revolving restaurant above the observation deck, has a $75 minimum spend, but the price of going up there is included within that. it’s nothing special, north american fineish dining, but if you were considering going up anyway might as well get a meal out of it too, and the view is much better than the observation deck’s (which you can also access for free after your meal, if you want)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'll keep that in mind if I want to CN tower to Tokyo Tower on the list of tower's I've visited

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

panko posted:

honestly the eating at union station if you’re coming in from there is pretty good for that neighbourhood. wvrst, union chicken, sansotei ramen, all decent options that aren’t the dogshit that the roundhouse rec room churns out. closer to the venue, the panago pizza right off of simcoe is good for a chain. iQ blows fresh/freshii out of the water if you’re eating healthy. finally, the hot dog cart right outside the rec room has been in the family for generations. the dogs aren’t great and they’re 1.5 times as expensive as any other cart in the city but it’s again going to be better than the venue food

Yeah Union is a good option if you're not venturing too far away from the arena itself. Even the tourist trap restaurants along Front aren't that great but still better than at the venue or the Rec Room. The real pro move is actually the Longos under the arena but it's not exactly a restaurant per se.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I mentioned corks briefly a little earlier in this thread! longo’s is a good choice especially if it’s like the one near my place and became a food hub/ghost kitchen recently. still down for pre-fd2 drinks there if people are interested.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

My air bnb is in Kensington and pretty close to the venue so I'm looking for whatever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna do the Jay game on Friday so we'll see if my trend of home teams losing when I watch them live will continue even with the worst team in baseball visiting!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hello I am going to this with friends and know nothing about wrastlemans.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some of them are big. some of them are small. some of them are medium and that's not all

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Hello I am going to this with friends and know nothing about wrastlemans.

What would you like to know?

Generally, wrestling is designed to be easy to enjoy. Decide who you want to win each match in the first few minutes. Boo the guy you want to lose the match and cheer the guy you want to win the match and you'll enjoy it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

fez_machine posted:

What would you like to know?

Generally, wrestling is designed to be easy to enjoy. Decide who you want to win each match in the first few minutes. Boo the guy you want to lose the match and cheer the guy you want to win the match and you'll enjoy it.

Literally nothing. Two of my friends that I'm going with are big wresling fans, I think going in dry is going to be a more entertaining experience.

If anyone is going that isn't from TO and wants recommendations on restaurants or entertainment HMU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Please give us a trip report if you feel up to it after the show :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Anyone gonna crack the cardboard at pizza pizza ?