Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I had a very bad March and late Feb (started estrogen, going through therapy, buncha other stuff), and I don't probe very often or read the sagas thread.

Regardless of context, neither AIDS nor the r-word are very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Disagree

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

What about the f-slur?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Philippe, I wish you the best on your transition

from moderator to poster :twisted:,

and also your transition to female.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

had a terrible spring, my legs fell off and i became trapped in Raccoon City during the t-virus outbreak armed only with a boxcutter. in conclusion, racism is bad. hope that resolves things

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hey this is on me, there were some reports on the word usage and I did talk elsewhere with admins and we agreed we shouldn't do word filter moderation on them, but I completely forgot to process those reports. In my absence Philippe decided to help and didn't realise my other conversation.

In any case please don't hash on Philippe, who's already going through quite a bit with her transitioning. Blame me and the fact i keep playing pizza tower on the steam deck (also i need to learn to draw better and draw a rhino version of peppino maybe...)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
hell, it probably got more people to lol at the funny posts

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

hell, it probably got more people to lol at the funny posts

streisand effect at work. incidentally barbra streisand is an acronym of barbra rents aids. if only it could be rented and returned....80s would've been different

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's spelled "aides".

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Philippe posted:

I had a very bad March and late Feb (started estrogen, going through therapy, buncha other stuff), and I don't probe very often or read the sagas thread.

Regardless of context, neither AIDS nor the r-word are very funny.

Rectum is a very funny word, though?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
What the gently caress is an IK?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

An IKEA with a faulty sign.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Any reason we're back to SPR levels of dumbass stickies? And not even fun ones?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

iwentdoodie posted:

Whatever the reason, I kind of like it. PYF is one of the few subforums I’ll hit up outside of my bookmarks when I’m bored, it’s cool to see a few other threads with activity I might not have checked out before.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah pyf is very much The Megathread Forum so presumably the stickies are the only way to get fresh blood into threads

small threads just sink and die in amid the thousands of posts decrying basic game mechanics, or some tweets, or a gift-bearing shark

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It just looks like gbs now

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You're right it's worse

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Mods, please help, my thumbs are crippled and arthritic from scrolling down one (1) time on the Awful App in PYF.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Exactly I am glad you understand my plight

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

iwentdoodie posted:

Not sure what "spr levels" mean. But please feel free to suggest fun threads to sticky (perhaps after the cycle after these are unstuck, about 30 days after their date of sticking)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Some plague rats? They were certainly at a level?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yeah I just don't know what that level means when it comes to putting threads on sticky. I put a number of "tech relic" and "dying tech" threads up because twitter is probably gonna die soon

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Me neither :shrug:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I forgot this thread existed. I hope everyone's having a good day though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have no feedback but I hope the forum is having a good week

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like the sagas thread, or w/e it's called now, even tho I don't read it when it gets 100+ new posts

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like the sagas thread, or w/e it's called now, even tho I don't read it when it gets 100+ new posts

it's a recruitment front for poe (path of exile). come learn the glory of the atlas tree.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Not sure what "spr levels" mean. But please feel free to suggest fun threads to sticky (perhaps after the cycle after these are unstuck, about 30 days after their date of sticking)

Before...all of that...happened she spent her time sticking every thread she could think of, including making new ones just for it. This feels the same.

E: and the reply took so long because I instantly disregard all sticky threads as dumb poo poo to not look at, usually.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods should encourage the posting of new pyf threads over August by offering an av change/plat to whoever makes the best new thread that month, judged entirely subjectively

optionally do a Best Lurker Thread category as well

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The moderator gives themselves the award for making the contest thread. :smugdon:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I mean yes we know rhino is notoriously corrupt, but also mods can give themselves avs and platinum through the mod queue so there's no point in rigging things

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mods should encourage the posting of new pyf threads over August by offering an av change/plat to whoever makes the best new thread that month, judged entirely subjectively

I support this and if the PYF mods want to do it I will approve the avs/upgrades at the end

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Though I'm certainly a reader of the typical "giant megathread on a popular topic" type threads that dominate PYF, I actually think it's really cool when we get the PYF threads on more niche topics that only get a page or two of content before running dry and falling off into oblivion, and I think we should encourage more of that in this forum.

Sure, sometimes you want just a nearly endless stream of funny pictures or good comics or whatever, but it also can be cool to read about some weird interest that only a few people are into!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

i’m also happy to support something like this. i’m already planning an announcement and love to share new PYF threads!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I realized I forgot to reply to this, but I like this idea a lot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i guess maybe do it over another month instead, given that august is now almost over

spitballing how it would work in practice - perhaps sticky a thread in PYF setting out The Challenge, and then maybe have that linked in one of prag's announcements in order to notify those who only dwell in their bookmarks.

Phthisis posted:

Though I'm certainly a reader of the typical "giant megathread on a popular topic" type threads that dominate PYF, I actually think it's really cool when we get the PYF threads on more niche topics that only get a page or two of content before running dry and falling off into oblivion, and I think we should encourage more of that in this forum.

Sure, sometimes you want just a nearly endless stream of funny pictures or good comics or whatever, but it also can be cool to read about some weird interest that only a few people are into!

this is kind of my thinking. megathreads are fine but i also like the small threads, and i prefer the idea of not living in one's bookmarked thread list. the dinosaur art thread owns and it's only two pages long

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

i guess maybe do it over another month instead, given that august is now almost over

spitballing how it would work in practice - perhaps sticky a thread in PYF setting out The Challenge, and then maybe have that linked in one of prag's announcements in order to notify those who only dwell in their bookmarks.

this is kind of my thinking. megathreads are fine but i also like the small threads, and i prefer the idea of not living in one's bookmarked thread list. the dinosaur art thread owns and it's only two pages long

We actually are finalizing a thread for the competition now, but Pragmatica was planning to do another announcement post at the end of this week, so we wanted to time posting it just ahead of that so that it would get cross-forum promotion.

If there are some small threads you think deserve promotion, I think we could also suggest those to Prag for her announcement messages, too. She loves getting more things to show off!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nuns with Guns posted:

If there are some small threads you think deserve promotion, I think we could also suggest those to Prag for her announcement messages, too. She loves getting more things to show off!

Put in the dinosaur art thread. People love dinosaur art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

We actually are finalizing a thread for the competition now, but Pragmatica was planning to do another announcement post at the end of this week, so we wanted to time posting it just ahead of that so that it would get cross-forum promotion.

oh cool. look forward to it! deffo promote the dinos