Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I forgot this thread existed. I hope everyone's having a good day though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mods should encourage the posting of new pyf threads over August by offering an av change/plat to whoever makes the best new thread that month, judged entirely subjectively

optionally do a Best Lurker Thread category as well

I realized I forgot to reply to this, but I like this idea a lot.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i guess maybe do it over another month instead, given that august is now almost over

spitballing how it would work in practice - perhaps sticky a thread in PYF setting out The Challenge, and then maybe have that linked in one of prag's announcements in order to notify those who only dwell in their bookmarks.

this is kind of my thinking. megathreads are fine but i also like the small threads, and i prefer the idea of not living in one's bookmarked thread list. the dinosaur art thread owns and it's only two pages long

We actually are finalizing a thread for the competition now, but Pragmatica was planning to do another announcement post at the end of this week, so we wanted to time posting it just ahead of that so that it would get cross-forum promotion.

If there are some small threads you think deserve promotion, I think we could also suggest those to Prag for her announcement messages, too. She loves getting more things to show off!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The competition is now live! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040488

:getin:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Prag suggested sticking the new threads that were made for the little competition so they could get some love. I'll unstick the ones that have been up for a week or more though.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The submission period was supposed to end on September 16th for the competition, followed by a week of voting. There weren't a ton of submissions by the end of the competition and a few people didn't seem interested in gang tags as prizes anyway so I figured I would just wrap up the competition. Sorry, I figured the last couple posts in the thread made it clear enough.

If you do post a thread I'm happy to pin it so it gets some visibility amid the megathread monoliths. If you want any of the gang tags or whatever, too, feel free to ask!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I know this is a pretty quiet feedback thread, but we were discussing changing up the subforum header/description. So like if we want to do a : thing after the forum title like it used to have (Derail Valley) and changing "Lists for miles" to something else.

Any suggestions?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Shine posted:

More like, YOU post your favorites, NERD!

They're everyone's favorites. Except the haters, and gently caress them!

Ariong posted:

Post Ducks and/or Your Favorite
subtitle: The forum for duck and/or list appreciators.

It's technically accurate! I think this has the makings of a funny joke but it's not there yet, ducks is probably not the funniest thing to put there. I think the presenting both the actual purpose of the forum and some other thing as being equally important and saying the other thing first is a good premise.

Hum do we even have a PYF Duck thread though?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't have any feedback other than I'm glad I can read this forum again and I like posting in it

I'm warming up to it, too. :hai:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Post Your Favourites: :justpost:

Post Your Favourites: lists for kilometres

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like these two a lot btw

Grassy Knowles posted:

SA's second favorite place for posting lists and spreadsheets

John Murdoch posted:

Your favorite place to post your favorites...place.

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Post Your Favourites: :justpost:

I don't think the smilies will show up on the forum headers but I find it funny to put the emoji code text in things

Platystemon posted:

Return The Great Outdoors to Main. :colbert:

I don't have any control of that but I'll pass it on haha.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I got a few more ~anonymous suggestions~

quote:

Post Your Favorite: Carefully Curated Lists

Post Your Favorite: List Curation Station

Post Your Favorite: Multiversal Listmasters

I like all the suggestions so far, though. I'll see which one the other mods want to do first!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arivia posted:

One of them got moved from GBS, I believe. (it's the tech relics thread, it's really obvious when you look at the first page.)

Ha, that solves that mystery. If there's distinct discussion in both, and people who browse one or the other understand the difference, is it mostly confusing because the thread titles make them sound similar?

Would it help to put a note at the top of the first posts in each explaining what kind of topics get discussed there, and pointing to the other thread if they're looking for discussion that fits in the other thread better?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

People could read the thread before posting?

I mean, yeah, that would be necessary in any case. I was asking if putting a note on the first post would make that easier or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arivia posted:

there's not really a distinct difference. both kind of muddle in slightly different ways. i don't think any clarification is needed, i don't think either needs to change. unless they're generating hundreds of reports, just leave them alone and let us hide inside our old computers/video cameras/clock collections.

That's fine, figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

OwlFancier posted:

I don't personally feel it necessary to be protected from specific kinds of stupidity if I click on the stupid people on the internet thread.

Where does "protection" tie into this?