Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like the sagas thread, or w/e it's called now, even tho I don't read it when it gets 100+ new posts

it's a recruitment front for poe (path of exile). come learn the glory of the atlas tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Why is there a Tech Relics thread and an obsolete and failed technology thread which are like, kind of the same thing?

One of them got moved from GBS, I believe. (it's the tech relics thread, it's really obvious when you look at the first page.)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Ha, that solves that mystery. If there's distinct discussion in both, and people who browse one or the other understand the difference, is it mostly confusing because the thread titles make them sound similar?

Would it help to put a note at the top of the first posts in each explaining what kind of topics get discussed there, and pointing to the other thread if they're looking for discussion that fits in the other thread better?

there's not really a distinct difference. both kind of muddle in slightly different ways. i don't think any clarification is needed, i don't think either needs to change. unless they're generating hundreds of reports, just leave them alone and let us hide inside our old computers/video cameras/clock collections.