Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't personally feel it necessary to be protected from specific kinds of stupidity if I click on the stupid people on the internet thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

Where does "protection" tie into this?

As in, I click on the idiots thread because I want to see the uttermost depths of human stupidity. I can't say I would make a distinction between people just being breathtakingly horrible people and any other form of stupidity, nor would I say I have noticed a particular change in the content of the thread other than that the forms of stupidity prevalent on social media, broadly track with whatever the moral panic of the moment is. Which is to be expected.

I don't really see a need to change the threads?