Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Flying Zamboni posted:

I don't think any of Phillipe's recent probes for days old posts in the Sagas thread are justified. ArfJason's probe specifically is very stupid and shows a complete lack of any effort to understand the very obvious context of the post. It's some very bad word filter modding.

yeah it's very dumb. the arf post got like 20 emptyquotes, are those people going to get a mystery half-day in the middle of next week?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

had a terrible spring, my legs fell off and i became trapped in Raccoon City during the t-virus outbreak armed only with a boxcutter. in conclusion, racism is bad. hope that resolves things

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah pyf is very much The Megathread Forum so presumably the stickies are the only way to get fresh blood into threads

small threads just sink and die in amid the thousands of posts decrying basic game mechanics, or some tweets, or a gift-bearing shark

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods should encourage the posting of new pyf threads over August by offering an av change/plat to whoever makes the best new thread that month, judged entirely subjectively

optionally do a Best Lurker Thread category as well

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I mean yes we know rhino is notoriously corrupt, but also mods can give themselves avs and platinum through the mod queue so there's no point in rigging things

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i guess maybe do it over another month instead, given that august is now almost over

spitballing how it would work in practice - perhaps sticky a thread in PYF setting out The Challenge, and then maybe have that linked in one of prag's announcements in order to notify those who only dwell in their bookmarks.

Phthisis posted:

Though I'm certainly a reader of the typical "giant megathread on a popular topic" type threads that dominate PYF, I actually think it's really cool when we get the PYF threads on more niche topics that only get a page or two of content before running dry and falling off into oblivion, and I think we should encourage more of that in this forum.

Sure, sometimes you want just a nearly endless stream of funny pictures or good comics or whatever, but it also can be cool to read about some weird interest that only a few people are into!

this is kind of my thinking. megathreads are fine but i also like the small threads, and i prefer the idea of not living in one's bookmarked thread list. the dinosaur art thread owns and it's only two pages long

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

We actually are finalizing a thread for the competition now, but Pragmatica was planning to do another announcement post at the end of this week, so we wanted to time posting it just ahead of that so that it would get cross-forum promotion.

If there are some small threads you think deserve promotion, I think we could also suggest those to Prag for her announcement messages, too. She loves getting more things to show off!

oh cool. look forward to it! deffo promote the dinos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol "becoming"

get some thread iks imo. do it koos style and just slap the buttons on random bystanders