Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Nm

MixMasterMalaria fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

cat botherer posted:

It certainly was, but how many people made that their living as opposed to a form of entertainment when tv, radio, and computers didn’t exist?

Live music performance would likely have been more viable as a job prior to the advent of recorded music and the subsequent increased sophistication / taste standard codification of produced recordings distributed via mass media.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Mederlock posted:

Oh, you just know that they'll sell that data at the drop of a hat to the right buyer at the right price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWRlxSGf_ns

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
You are dust, and unto dust you shall return.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
LLM(ao), but this thread would be a lot more interesting to read if participants would make arguments or make explicit the facts and logical structures supporting their positions.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
The pro and anti hammer stuff misses the point. We should be building a chill hedonistic society and training ai models on our pleasure so future agi has something pleasant to interact with.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
I was thinking about these LLMs the other day and how ridiculous it is that we don't just spend those billions training the incredible biological computers we already have sitting around. We need a Natural Intelligence movement.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

020424_3 posted:

:qq: i've been made obsolete by an algorithm :qq:

Algorithms can't threaten me with obsolescence, I was never relevant to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

sinky posted:

The AI chatbots have a better union.

Right now the AI chatbots represent capital, not labor, so of course they have special privilege.