Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Last I checked it was discouraged to copy paste the articles or to tell folks about how to bypass pay walls.

Thanks. AFAIK the former is OK.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Bear in mind, Discord started out as a low-footprint way for gamers to shout "LOLOL!" and "Pwnd!" at each other. Serving as a large bulletin board is kinda off-label.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Panpsychism doesn't actually explain anything, and it doesn't lead to any testable hypotheses. It sounds like something one would come up with after reading Something Deeply Hidden and smoking a few bowls.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

The part that no one talks about is that you could replace 80% of the executives and 95% of management consultants with AIs today and they'd do a better job.

This is true, but by the same token, you could drop 90% of executives and 100% of management consultants into a composter, and they would serve humanity better as fertilizer.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Mega Comrade posted:

Leica already released a camera that tackles that.
Sony, Nikon and Canon are working to doing something similar.

Basically the camera will digitally sign the photo on creation and edits will be recorded to the file also. It will help organisations check the authenticity of photos, but it won't help the spread of misinformation online.

I came up with this idea a year ago while stoned: a camcorder that embeds a digital signature in the file, using blockchain so that altering would be impossible.

After thinking about it for a while (and smoking a lot more) I came to the conclusion that, once third parties have the algorithm, there is no way to prevent them from adding a watermark after the fact.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

This is no biggie, it's just a random schlub imitating his voice and his style of comedy next to AI-generated pictures.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

cat botherer posted:

The Wachowski’s original script actually had the humans being used for computation, but the studio thought that was too complicated for viewers to understand, so they changed it to the dumbshit power plant thing that makes no sense.

...and then, because the power source bit is *literally* bullshit from a scientific standpoint, people assumed that the Wachowskis put it in as a secret signal to the Really Smart People or something.