Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

yeah it's all over once we have realistic video AI

The Internet will no longer be reliable for anything, and the great Logging Off will begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

cat botherer posted:

I think it will be quite some time before AI generated videos are convincing.

This is true of everyone posting in this thread, but countless boomers on Facebook are already engaging with AI pictures thinking they're real. Not all generations have equal media literacy.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

D O R K Y posted:

A scary bit in their technical report its able to extend videos forward or backwards in time. Like its outpainting temporally. The examples are all stated to be extended from generated content but I can't imagine a technical reason why real video couldn't be extended if not with this than with something like it.

I can imagine the hit rate of fooling someone into believing ai generated video is real jumps up significantly if you prepend it with real video.

Doing a "Greedo shot first" edit but to actual CCTV footage of a crime

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Once AI begins scraping AI the hallucinations will improve I'm sure