Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The issue with A.I. and general creative output is that artists/writers/musicians/etc. are going to go broke specifically because people by and large want products, not art. A lot of people don't see actual craft and skill in any art, they just want some nebulous "good" and want as much and as cheap as they can get it. As an artist, I can currently easily see where an A.I. is cobbling stuff together as opposed to even a mediocre digital artist is actually producing things, and am completely uninterested in having anything produced by an A.I. because it's missing human touch and the thought and mistakes and improvisation that comes from it. But as you saw from social media 6 months ago or whatever, people are just happy to finally have a portrait of themselves that they don't have to pay someone 1k plus for, because it's not about the craft. People by and large just view any art as a product and want to consume it and A.I. will feed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I relatively recently got put on the AI team in the second largest tech company (still can't figure out how that happened), and the big hopes currently in application are in medical, helping with energy consumption, accessibility, and making general humanitarian aid more effective. If you're talking things that purely help people outside of making things easier or personalizing things.