Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

cat botherer posted:

The Wachowski’s original script actually had the humans being used for computation, but the studio thought that was too complicated for viewers to understand, so they changed it to the dumbshit power plant thing that makes no sense.
Geez, that just makes me think of a cooler way the series could have gone if the robots were using human brains for actually sustaining the simulation (like, Neo's superpowers were an example of a single brain changing the simulation itself). So Neo threatening to wake everyone up to reality would be different to just the physical act of yanking their body out of the pod.
If that were the case, it could have been a message about the world being what people want it to be instead of what they blindly accept.

I dunno, maybe I'm just disillusioned with the sequels and would have preferred almost anything else, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU