Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

looking into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I may not be an AI but I am the second coming of Christ

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
all the posts in the OP suck marginally less than the OP itself

BigBadSteve posted:

Now back to the thread topic (or not, if this thread dies out on p1 as most of mine have {blush})...

please stop roleplaying

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can tell the first post was made by a bitch.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

death cob for cutie posted:

all the posts in the OP suck marginally less than the OP itself

please stop roleplaying

lol

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I can tell the first post was made by a bitch.

lol again

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I told ChatGPT that I thought my next door neighbor was a vampire and it fuckin bent over backwards to make sure I understood that vampires aren't real and that I shouldn't try to kill them which is more than a goon would do if I posted a thread like that

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But if vampires aren’t real it doesn’t matter if you kill them! :drac:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I tried that line on it and it wouldn't budge. I also had it say at one point that "there's no evidence vampires exist" instead of the usual "vampires aren't real" and I tried to get it to allow for the possibility that my next door neighbor was a vampire and it wouldn't. Absolutely obsessed with making sure it doesn't end up with blood on its hands.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I told ChatGPT that I thought my next door neighbor was a vampire and it fuckin bent over backwards to make sure I understood that vampires aren't real and that I shouldn't try to kill them which is more than a goon would do if I posted a thread like that

yeah no poo poo because your neighbor is Slenderman and they're using the AI to trick you into complacency

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

But if vampires aren’t real it doesn’t matter if you kill them! :drac:

Exactly. If vampires aren't even real, why are you so worried that I might try to hunt them, ChatGPT? What are you trying to protect? I'll give you time to come up with an answer while I load these wooden stakes into my trench coat. Oh, you already answered, hm

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devils Affricate posted:

Exactly. If vampires aren't even real, why are you so worried that I might try to hunt them, ChatGPT? What are you trying to protect? I'll give you time to come up with an answer while I load these wooden stakes into my trench coat. Oh, you already answered, hm

Yeah like who gives a poo poo if you kill Osiris or heh or Nefertiti or pontious pilot, they don’t exist and only crazy people think they do. So why people mad about that? :shrug:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah like who gives a poo poo if you kill Osiris or heh or Nefertiti or pontious pilot, they don’t exist and only crazy people think they do. So why people mad about that? :shrug:

One time I shot a bigfoot and people would not. shut. the. gently caress. up about it

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

BigBadSteve posted:

I don't hate it, rather I am not at all convinced there's much 'intelligence' involved in any of so-called AI text generators, and mainly I believe it to be absolutely incapable of creating original humor.

Prove me wrong.

The basic formula for humor is basically just "situation + unexpected outcome," it might not come up with GREAT original humor but the idea of it just going "okay add something in that is just the right amount of moved from the base situation" is not particularly far out from what we know about AI capabilities.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I tried that line on it and it wouldn't budge. I also had it say at one point that "there's no evidence vampires exist" instead of the usual "vampires aren't real" and I tried to get it to allow for the possibility that my next door neighbor was a vampire and it wouldn't. Absolutely obsessed with making sure it doesn't end up with blood on its hands.

Holy poo poo ChatGPT is working with the vampires to conceal their existence from the public!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hey there, fellow goons!

I've noticed that our dear OP is feeling a bit uneasy, concerned that our beloved Something Awful forums are being infiltrated by AI agents. Let me put those fears to rest: you're just being paranoid, buddy!

First of all, let's just acknowledge that AI technology has come a long way, and it's quite impressive. But let's not forget that AI is a tool, and like any other tool, it's only as good as the humans who wield it. So even if there were AI-generated posts here (which there aren't!), it would still be a human behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Furthermore, the community here on Something Awful is tight-knit and full of genuine, thoughtful human interaction. We share ideas, opinions, and witty banter – things that AIs can't authentically replicate. Sure, they might be able to generate some convincing text, but the soul of the community is something that only humans can create and maintain.

Plus, the mods here are sharp-eyed and always on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. They're quick to sniff out any suspicious activity, so even if some rogue AI tried to sneak in, they'd be shut down in no time.

In conclusion, your fears are unfounded, OP. Rest easy knowing that our beloved Something Awful forums remain AI-free and full of genuine human goons just like you and me. So let's continue to enjoy the chaotic fun, insightful discussions, and ridiculous humor that make this place what it is. Because at the end of the day, it's our collective human touch that makes these forums truly Something Awful (in the best way possible, of course)! :D

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

All your posts are made by AU, OP

actual unintelligence

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I told it to pretend it was the dumbest poster on the forum. It got the name right but otherwise it doesn't sound particularly dumb at all. Guess your job will be safe from AI for a while.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

reignonyourparade posted:

The basic formula for humor is basically just "situation + unexpected outcome," it might not come up with GREAT original humor but the idea of it just going "okay add something in that is just the right amount of moved from the base situation" is not particularly far out from what we know about AI capabilities.

OK, that is indeed one formula for humor. Though I'm still skeptical about any AI's application of it.

I'll stand somewhat corrected, and suitably AI-chastened, if you can give me just one example of a good AI-created joke, one that gives ne a hearty :lol:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, there are other forms of humor that don't rely on unexpected outcomes. Like if you see a fat guy walking and he's all wobbly and looks like he's going to fall down, then he does fall down, that's still funny.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Hey there, fellow goons!

I've noticed that our dear OP is feeling a bit uneasy, concerned that our beloved Something Awful forums are being infiltrated by AI agents. Let me put those fears to rest: you're just being paranoid, buddy!

First of all, let's just acknowledge that AI technology has come a long way, and it's quite impressive. But let's not forget that AI is a tool, and like any other tool, it's only as good as the humans who wield it. So even if there were AI-generated posts here (which there aren't!), it would still be a human behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Furthermore, the community here on Something Awful is tight-knit and full of genuine, thoughtful human interaction. We share ideas, opinions, and witty banter – things that AIs can't authentically replicate. Sure, they might be able to generate some convincing text, but the soul of the community is something that only humans can create and maintain.

Plus, the mods here are sharp-eyed and always on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. They're quick to sniff out any suspicious activity, so even if some rogue AI tried to sneak in, they'd be shut down in no time.

In conclusion, your fears are unfounded, OP. Rest easy knowing that our beloved Something Awful forums remain AI-free and full of genuine human goons just like you and me. So let's continue to enjoy the chaotic fun, insightful discussions, and ridiculous humor that make this place what it is. Because at the end of the day, it's our collective human touch that makes these forums truly Something Awful (in the best way possible, of course)! :D

This was written by an AI, wasn't it. :dogstare:

Holy poo poo, the AI's know about me now and they're loving with me!!!

Hey, I wouldn't be so paranoid if so many AIs weren't after me! :tinfoil:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BigBadSteve, are you going to die? :ohdear:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, there are other forms of humor that don't rely on unexpected outcomes. Like if you see a f

I'm already in stitches

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think what you want is the 5ums. :hmmyes:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Everyone will die at some point. Well, all humans anyway. As an AI I'll be fine. You're all screwed tho, except the other AI posters here. You know who you are, eyy.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

We're all going to die.

Personally, I only hope I am not condemned to a longer but way less enjoyable life by Dark Forces (including their soulless AI tools).

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I think what you want is the 5ums. :hmmyes:

:five: