Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Explorers have heard of the Lost Temple of Sahalia for millennia. The ancients said it contained the heart of an ancient warrior, which, when consumed, would grant the victor divine power to alter the world at their desire. Recent archaeological excavations at the Tala'nkan courtyard revealed hieroglyphs that strongly implied the Temple's location. Six groups of adventurers raced to find it first; all six discovered it on the same afternoon. But when they unsealed the first chamber, ghastly spirits were released, possessing members of the party and bringing them to murderous rage. Now the adventurers must travel deeper into the heart of the temple to uncover its hidden treasure, while also figuring out which of their party is no longer who they say they are...

Welcome to this game of mafia!

This is a game for 12 players. It will follow the "Legends of the Hidden Temple" ruleset, which is as follows:

- 6 mason teams, 2 players each. Each player has a mason buddy that is publicly known from before the start of the game.
- The roles: 8 Town Adventurers, 4 Scum Temple Guards. Alignment is assigned randomly after the mason teams are determined.
- Nightless game. The Temple Guards don't have a kill, and there are no actions other than posting and voting.
- Executions work on a Duel system. At any point during the day, a player may ##challenge another team to a duel. Once a challenge has been issued, only players on either of the two teams involved in the duel may be killed.

The game ends when either the Temple Guards outnumber the Adventurers, or are eliminated.

The standard mafia rules apply. The main one is, don't be a jerk!

To sign up, please select which team you'd like to join. For this game I am going to have one restriction on signups: 6 slots are reserved for players who consider themselves part of the "Old Guard" of Mafia, and 6 slots for the "New Guard." Additionally, New and Old players will be paired together on a mason team. Whether you are Old or New will be determined by me.

Also please tell me your standard time zone, and if you don't have PMs also tell me an email address so I can tell you your role.

Let's begin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:
<is votefinder still dead someone tell me>

:h: 7 / 4
:d: Day 4 deadline: Tuesday, April 4th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT

THE ADVENTURING TEAMS

The Purple Panthers
Old: Diqnol
New: shwinnebego EXECUTED DAY 1, Adventurer

The Blue Broncos
Old: Anarc
New: CubicalSucrose EXECUTED DAY 3, Adventurer

The Red Raccoons
Old: Jump King (aka MMM)
New: MockingQuantum

The Green Geese
Old: redneck nazgul (aka TheBetrayer) LAVA'D DAY 2, Temple Guard
New: sandnavyguy EXECUTED DAY 2. Adventurer

The Silver Snakes
Old: zzyzx (aka Cyberdemon)
New: Circlmastr LAVA'D DAY 2, Adventurer

The Orange Octopodes
Old: Opopanax
New: Paranoid Dude

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 3, 2023

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

To sign up, please select which team you'd like to join.

what's ur favorite color

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like the nature of you pairing people up based on how old they are and sticking them on a team means that you should be picking that

anyway i pick the raccoon

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'll do the silver snakes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll go Purple on ya

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Im in

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I gotta go Silver Snakes

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Is this one of those newfangled Discord games or are we going to use Google Docs like real scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have assigned people who did not pick a team to a team.

redneck nazgul posted:

Is this one of those newfangled Discord games or are we going to use Google Docs like real scum?

I will leave it to the mason teams' discretion how they wish to communicate with each other.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I have assigned people who did not pick a team to a team.

I knew this would happen!

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
as a newer player can I be an orange octopoid

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Paranoid Dude posted:

as a newer player can I be an orange octopoid

I'll take this guy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'd like to be a blue bronco!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sure put me wherever

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Actually this is probably the first time I will play in a temple game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Very well.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Very well.

Hey would you like to teach a new player like me?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Hey would you like to teach a new player like me?

Haha I misread things and posted anyway, which, tbh, is the very heart of my mafia style.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll withdraw, have fun!

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

hello yes I would like to inflict myself on an experienced player

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Haha I misread things and posted anyway, which, tbh, is the very heart of my mafia style.

You can take it if you want it

Otherwise I claim quantum in a thunderdome supremacy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'll sign up as a replacement specifically for Cyber and nobody else

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Voodoofly posted:

Sure put me wherever

Unfortunately I consider you and keane both Older Players, and there are no more Older Player slots. If there is an overwhelming interest I could SPICE IT UP and make it SEVEN groups for 14 players, but at this time I'm saying you're both replacements.

AFAICT there's one more slot for a newer player left!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i will give up my old person slot to an even older person

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

No I was just trying to help and am already in a game you aren’t getting out that easy

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I could be a new player, compared to voodoofly

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

I'll take your spot and you can be my new person

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yo, I’m ready to find the hidden monkey ( in )

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think voodoofly and and I have exactly non overlapping mafia experiences, I started after VF wasn’t around and then they rejoined after I left, that’s my case for why it’s ok to put us on the same team

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

sandnavyguy posted:

Yo, I’m ready to find the hidden monkey ( in )

I consider you a newer player (first ecco game was in 2020).

but I am bad at math (i.e. basic counting) so I need ONE MORE newer player to signed up! you'll be paired with AnonymousNarcotics, who is a cool dude, and also kinda both new and old apparently? so congrats.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Heh I was wondering where you'd put me! I should get my own team of exactly middle players

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

EccoRaven posted:

I consider you a newer player (first ecco game was in 2020).

but I am bad at math (i.e. basic counting) so I need ONE MORE newer player to signed up! you'll be paired with AnonymousNarcotics, who is a cool dude, and also kinda both new and old apparently? so congrats.

Sweet!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I might qualify as newer!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

would like to observe

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello!

Everyone should have received one of the following Role PMs:

Adventurer posted:

Oh no! You are a noble adventurer who sought the fabled treasure of the Temple of Sahalia, but you are plagued with supernatural terrors! Now you must keep your wits about you and discover the spectral scum in your midst, or else you are sure to be yet another victim to the Temple's legend!

You are an Adventurer! You win when all the temple guards have been eliminated.

Good luck!

OR

Temple Guard posted:

Bleh! You are a spooky ghost who has possessed the body of a noble adventurer. You have been tasked to guard this temple with your after life, for its treasure must only ever be held by those truly worthy. These interlopers must be stopped at any cost!

You are a Temple Guard! You win when your guard team composes a majority of the town. Your team consists of: <bleh>. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment, and may speak freely OOT.

Good luck!

The game begins NOW.

Note that I am traveling Saturday and cannot handle making votefinder until Saturday night, so, if someone ##challenges another, just count the votes by hand, it shouldn't be hard!

:d: The day 1 deadline will be Wednesday, March 29th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT. Let me know if you live in a time zone that is deeply different than North America and I will include it in the deadline posts. I know this may seem like a long time, but, the good news is, you can shorten it whenever you want... by voting!

Good luck, and gosh blesh.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 25, 2023

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Confirming.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Let's rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zoiks, like, I hope there's no ghosts in this temple!