Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
WELCOME TO THE (new) GBS FEEDBACK THREAD!

Well that last thread was a trip for a multitude of reasons, so let's reboot this thread. If you want to discuss what happened in the last thread, please post in that one. I'll be taking a hard line on that for this thread.

:siren: RULES :siren:

GBS shitposting is allowed within reason (because we can't keep you from being you), but we're going to be enforcing the rules hard.

• Regular GBS rules apply.
  • For this thread only the c-word rule is lifted. However, don't use this as an excuse to just spam it because you can because we're not going to allow it.
  • While mentioning other forums is fine, don't use this space to bash them or start interforum drama. If you want a discussion of how we interact with other forums, by all means do it. If you disagree with other posters, do it respectfully and don't insult them (unless it's funny) or tell them their feedback is worthless.
  • There may be regulars from other forums who give feedback. If given in good faith, that feedback will be considered. Just because they're not a "GBS regular" doesn't mean that they may not have some ideas we can incorporate. Conversely, if you're not a regular of this forum and come to poo poo up this thread with non-constructive feedback, that won't be taken lightly.
  • As this thread evolves more rules may be added. They'll be announced in the thread and added here if so.

So, GBS, what do you want to say (again)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
As a reminder, feedback from the previous thread is not invalid and when I get some time I'm going to compile it for discussion.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I want to say that I love the forums and GBS and everyone here is my friend (:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:siren: RULES :siren:
[*] There may be regulars from other forums who give feedback. If given in good faith, that feedback will be considered. Just because they're not a "GBS regular" doesn't mean that they may not have some ideas we can incorporate. Conversely, if you're not a regular of this forum and come to poo poo up this thread with non-constructive feedback, that won't be taken lightly.

I feel like this may be partially the result of some of the feedback I provided in the form of campaigning for moderator in 2023 (that I will NOT be doing in this thread), so allow me to thank you Seth for making this rule clear for everyone. Great start to our future partnership.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

this too Seth, it's great where its at

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also even though you're still Shrek Pecksniff, I do appreciate you engaging with and posting in these threads a ton. I wish the other mods would too but AARD VARKMAN appears to have gotten promoted to Senior Meeting Analyst recently and I'm p sure Genesplicer is just ChatGPT hooked up to a forums account

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yeah, is gonna be important part of forum archeology and the climax shouldn't be buried.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Seth can I have a free ad for my website

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Also even though you're still Shrek Pecksniff, I do appreciate you engaging with and posting in these threads a ton. I wish the other mods would too but AARD VARKMAN appears to have gotten promoted to Senior Meeting Analyst recently and I'm p sure Genesplicer is just ChatGPT hooked up to a forums account

https://sndup.net/bbtp/

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lmfao

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Buddy I haven’t even begun to own myself.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Feedback: People should be allowed to have sigs in GBS so I can give out little pixel art characters to put in ur sig

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

Feedback: People should be allowed to have sigs in GBS so I can give out little pixel art characters to put in ur sig

People can have sigs GBS. I've been asked not to use mine in this thread or otherwise campaign for moderator of GBS in 2023.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mods should not fraternize with posters

they have their world and we have ours

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sid Vicious posted:

I've tried spreading the link around, Sid. Doing my part.

GBS Feedback: feelin fine

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sid Vicious posted:

I would love to help friendo but unfortunately I cannot :(

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hey, I know smugworth became a mod a couple days ago but i dont see his star

Can someone look into that? tia

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

voting in his candidtae thread is currently underway

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nooner posted:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Actual gbs feedback - this is a good thread with lots of potential. Feedback doesnt have to always be bad, we should promote the good things too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027072&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

did you click on the link that says "Clicking here makes all your wildest dreams come true"?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I would love to help friendo but unfortunately I cannot :(

Seth you can ask Geoffrey don't be a cop about this. Sid is our forum's national treasure

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sigs turned off is the only way

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Shions of Qud

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Seth, are you trying to jinx this thread as well with that title? Or is this some sort of subtle bait to troll out the next exciting reveal?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i keep my sig from when i was a regular in the ray parlour like 10 years ago. reminds me of the good old days.

https://i.imgur.com/imbBbz9.mp4

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

did you click on the link that says "Clicking here makes all your wildest dreams come true"?

no, SAD denizen, i did not

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 25, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the video in my sig only embeds like 1/3 of the time I use it I don't understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

It's a sweet Bon Jovi/Dimetrodon tribute AARDVARKMAN

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the video in my sig only embeds like 1/3 of the time I use it I don't understand

worked for me this time and it is RAD

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
heres sssome fuckin feedback gimmie a lil basketball for my plat icon

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

yeah how do people get those cool lil different icons what's up with that?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Nooner posted:

I want to say that I love the forums and GBS and everyone here is my friend? (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

verbal enema posted:

heres sssome fuckin feedback gimmie a lil basketball for my plat icon

Idk if astral is looking into this as part of some far future forums upgrade but currently as I understand it it's a complete pain in the rear end to do this

If you see a non-mod with it, chances are a) they're a former mod or b) they got it as part of a donation drive. Those are the only two ways I know of how people got them