Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This is the feedback thread! Go big think in ya own!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mayhaps we should decide which forums get rolled in

Like big FD gets ADTRW
Nooner gets Pellet Palace
Some terminally online freak gets PYF and SAD
Seth gets GBS and everything else, I get made a mod to help control the chaos

Edit: tbf I didn't see the order to hush big Seth my apologies

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
its a GBS idea

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
My feedback is I need a parle with jeff

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Jeff used up his stored energy to Kamehameha spr into the spirit realm so he's gonna need to recharge for a bit

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

nom epique posted:

Innocent well meaning person to mike tyson: Maybe you should make more money off your commercial deals? seems like somethings amiss.

Don king with moderator star: Yeah, No. Enough with the Epic GBS trolling, 24 hour probe initiated

Lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Jeff used up his stored energy to Kamehameha spr into the spirit realm so he's gonna need to recharge for a bit

That one took at least 2 months worth of sleep tickets

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Oh God, he's gotten tedious again

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

suggestion: each week the mods should post a thread containing an elaborate puzzle with clues scattered among the many active and vibrant gbs megathreads and the posters have to work together to solve it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

One thing I've wondered - what prizes would people think are good rewards? Avatar change certificates? I mean, I'm creatively bereft and don't have a good idea for a contest or anything right now, but what would be good rewards? Archives? No ads? I think avatar change certificates have been the usual thing, haven't they?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hector Delgado posted:

Oh God, he's gotten tedious again

When did he stop

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Nachos? Hard agree! The mods should give all of us nachos to share!

Also I want a kitten icon instead of a grenade because I don’t like violence but I do like kittens. I think that says it all

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So before the recent "exit, pursued by a bear" of SPR, Captain Sarcastic had agreed to look at updating the GBS rules to handle misogynistic abuse on par with other forms of abuse like ableism, racism, etc.

Hopefully that won't be lost in the recent drama.

Another rather weird thing is the return of calling posts/posters/things to be "aids" or "totally aids". Having grown up in the 1980s and knowing a number of people who became HIV+ with some dying of it, it seems *really* weird to see it tossed around casually 40 years later as an insult. It was homophobic back then, and it sure doesn't seem to be any less today.

My gut feeling is that "aids" is being used where those posters would previously say "retarded", but with SA taking steps to stop ableist insults, they can't any more. Like how Freep started saying "Amish" for their usual terms for PoC.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Probate Vincent Van Goatse every time he makes a report or "gas thread ban op" in GBS and ramp it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

lol

tho seriously most of them are just me saying "gas thread ban OP" about some garbage GBS thread or someone being an rear end in a top hat in D&D (I mean more than usual because D&D is 100% assholes, myself included). I guess I just enjoy shouting impotently into the void, and it's way less expensive and undignified than buying myself custom titles telling me to kill myself because I look like "bullshit Nathan Lane" as one goon put it

u dont gotta stop being a hatin rear end karen but u gotta stop doing it here

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 26, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff posted:

A bit odd for him to drop that bomb and leave deciding to perma up to the admins

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ninjoatse.cx posted:

A bit odd for him to drop that bomb and leave deciding to perma up to the admins

lol and they were waffling on it, fluff really didn't wanna push the button

CHINATOWN IS A FUCKFACE THOUGH

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Make the remaining 3 PI threads stickied posts in GBS, and make me IK.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

Ik of the remaining threads in PI :twisted:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I can't afford to give everyone free nachos plus I gave up fast food for Lent so if I can't have them no one can!!!

Bad Purchase posted:

suggestion: each week the mods should post a thread containing an elaborate puzzle with clues scattered among the many active and vibrant gbs megathreads and the posters have to work together to solve it

I don't think we have the time to do that weekly, but this is a really good suggestion to do one day. I'm already thinking of ways that this could happen.

Rust Martialis posted:

So before the recent "exit, pursued by a bear" of SPR, Captain Sarcastic had agreed to look at updating the GBS rules to handle misogynistic abuse on par with other forms of abuse like ableism, racism, etc.

Hopefully that won't be lost in the recent drama.

Another rather weird thing is the return of calling posts/posters/things to be "aids" or "totally aids". Having grown up in the 1980s and knowing a number of people who became HIV+ with some dying of it, it seems *really* weird to see it tossed around casually 40 years later as an insult. It was homophobic back then, and it sure doesn't seem to be any less today.

My gut feeling is that "aids" is being used where those posters would previously say "retarded", but with SA taking steps to stop ableist insults, they can't any more. Like how Freep started saying "Amish" for their usual terms for PoC.

We're definitely looking at updating the rules.

I get where you're coming from but I don't think it's in the cards for more wordfilter moderation. I think it's just another way of saying something sucks, plus AIDS is no longer a death sentence like it was in the 80s and we've finally broken the stigma that only gay people get it.

MrQwerty posted:

Probate Vincent Van Goatse every time he makes a report or "gas thread ban op" in GBS and ramp it

u dont gotta stop being a hatin rear end karen but u gotta stop doing it here

lol I don't have any comment on this ;)

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It's not. Jeff really is delegating decisions to the admins, and it's really never been the case where he launches a perma except in extreme cases since I've been here. The spr thing was a case where only he could look it up; from my understanding that's a store level access ability that no one else has.

MrQwerty posted:

lol and they were waffling on it, fluff really didn't wanna push the button

CHINATOWN IS A FUCKFACE THOUGH

Without getting into details, this is factually incorrect.

At least the first part; second one I have no comment on :)

Slugworth posted:

Done. Enjoy!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Without getting into details, this is factually incorrect.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I am. I also believe the account is completely unusable now so a perma would probably be the right call, despite me feeling differently. Sometimes what we know what we need to do and what we feel like we should do is different things.

anime rear end bullshit but I guess I'll give it to you

https://i.imgur.com/dkpGxiy.mp4

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 26, 2023

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7BggqBpTk

Willis!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Rust Martialis posted:

Yeah, I am not big fan of it either. Like Seth, I don't think wordfilter moderation is the key here, because it makes some want to use a word even more. At this time, I actually haven't seen it used of by GBS regulars, and maybe we can keep it that way without being heavy-handed. :)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tarquinn posted:

Yeah, I am not big fan of it either. Like Seth, I don't think wordfilter moderation is the key here, because it makes some want to use a word even more. At this time, I actually haven't seen it used of by GBS regulars, and maybe we can keep it that way without being heavy-handed. :)

:same:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Nooner posted:

Someone post d a chat log of him playing wow or something saying they got raped by the boss which is sexual assault lol

It's you. You are the Derpies parachute.

God knows, you are every bit as annoying.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
From what I understand from SAD posters rape jokes are ok if your name is Larry? Strange loophole but I don’t make the rules.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rust Martialis posted:

This is not a GBS thing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

nom epique posted:

This is not a GBS thing.

Yeah that's a file 2 reports a day and buy yourself transphobic avatars thing.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Shinjobi posted:

When did he stop

It was easy to avoid when he was kept in his crate. Now, not so much.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah that's a file 2 reports a day and buy yourself transphobic avatars thing.

Shan’t speculate

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Valko posted:

It's you. You are the Derpies parachute.

God knows, you are every bit as annoying.

Are you just throwing around serious accusations or what

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Uh, was the "aids insults are homophobic" suddenly discussed in the mod forum today?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rust Martialis posted:

Uh, was the "aids insults are homophobic" suddenly discussed in the mod forum today?

Seems like the winds of change are definitely blowing OP. Probably why many are speculating that the forums merge will take place on Easter Sunday.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I don't think we have the time to do that weekly, but this is a really good suggestion to do one day. I'm already thinking of ways that this could happen.

If you want to see what this looks like in practice, forums treasure nut did something like this when he was the IK of BYOB. IIRC it had something to do with the movie Kangaroo Jack.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

those probes are literally sars-cov-2

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

can this forum not go like 2 days without any drama lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

can this forum not go like 2 days without any drama lol

This is what you get when 20 people demand QCS

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

This is not SAD and those probes are not in GBS so if you have issue with them go to that forum :thanks:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

e: ^ but the topic was brought up in this thread before the probes

i don't think calling something aids or cancer or canceraids or whatever is offensive, but it is dated at this point. that lingo had its time. i wouldn't say anyone deserves a probe for it but you'll lose posting cred for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Dance dance revolution.Not sure what I am dancing aboout now.