Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Nooner posted:

I haven't done web dev in like a decade but how the gently caress is it that much of a mess that nothing can be done? Like ffs just archive it and redirect to a goddamn WordPress blog for new articles or something lmao

A long running site ran by a cheapskate that has had multiple lovely developers making changes with little oversight being a hot mess is entirely unsurprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Threadbans should be an absolute last resort for someone doing poo poo like making a thread outright unreadable but not really doing anything worth a ban/perma.

I get that there's not a lot of active mods, but I don't see anything wrong with dropping sixers for light trolling and leaving it at that.

FirstnameLastname posted:

it's true

if someone makes a rule and I don't agree with it, I'm going to want to break that rule even if its something I'd normally never do

personally id actually stopped calling stuff gay or aids entirely irl and online for years until people started crusaidsing against it on here, now i live for that poo poo

that's how you encourage it

nobody would have done anything if people didn't massively overreact to it, the overreaction is what draws it in

u attract more aids with vinegar than with honey

Man, I think the aids drama is stupid as gently caress but "don't make rules because then I'll want to break them" is pretty dumb too, imo.

Trolling goons for being oversensitive is fine, but its lame to bitch about probes after.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

FirstnameLastname posted:

like the fact that people are still stuck on the fact 16bbh called a submarine aids and gay, but nobody seems to think that kind of stuff is a problem worth discussing here, that nobody seems to have much issue with rust martialis repeatedly bringing up GRIDS and The Gay Disease to accuse people who aren't straight of being homophobic because they said "aids" while people itt are still acting like the real problem is the people who said "aids", is such a logical, moral, and linguistic disconnect from reality that I can't help but call it out

That post rightfully got the user banned, I don't know what's there to discuss? I agree with them being banned for that kind of poo poo. And I agree that "aids" isn't really a slur on it's own, though there's definitely reasons why some people might be sensitive about it.

There's definitely a link to assholes using it as a pejorative against gays but it's insanely clear to me that it's not what 16bbh was doing so I find this whole thing stupid as hell and I don't know why it's still a thing.