Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Idk if astral is looking into this as part of some far future forums upgrade but currently as I understand it it's a complete pain in the rear end to do this

If you see a non-mod with it, chances are a) they're a former mod or b) they got it as part of a donation drive. Those are the only two ways I know of how people got them

I'm getting old and my memory kinda sucks, but I think back when Richard owned the site there was a thread where you could request a platinum icon that would be random, but there was a 25% chance you'd get banned instead.

So in a way, it was a charity drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Katamari Democracy posted:

There was also one Admin who was going through rough times I forgot who he was but I threw him 50 dollars and he gave me this tank icon.

I think I am the only person on SA who has this. Whats wild is I love tanks and post in tank game threads here in games. It's a badge of honor.

How many classified documents have you posted on the War Thunder forums?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If you prove you can I'll make you a mod

An actual volcano not the baking powder and vinegar one

Oh please Seth, you know I already solved this to become a mod.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Saalkin posted:

Make. Smugworth. A. Mod.

The people have spoken already.

They said no.