Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Telling people to knock it off and tolling them if they don't ONLY ever makes them post more. Moderation has never worked, not once.

Guess we shouldn't moderate anything, ever.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I paid my ten dollars for moderated forums and by gum that's what I've received over the years, for better or worse. If someone is a consistent stick in the spokes of a specific thread, telling them to go find something else to do away from this one in particular isn't unreasonable, is it?

Toxic Mental posted:

oh no not the troll posters barbara streisand effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Fajita Queen posted:

Seth giving into this drivel

Big GBS forcing moderators to moderate, pressuring them against their will.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Who did Seth fail to prob for threadshitting the feedback thread? Is the proposed lore that only the perceived "outsiders" were probed and the "regulars" not?

Or is the comparison between the probs here and the lack of probs in other threads? Because if so then lol.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cthulu Carl posted:

EDIT: Is this

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah man. Like your normal posts in the chat thread are fine but your smug trolling gimmick loving sucks. Like I know you don’t give a poo poo about the “direction of GBS” but you just love tugging your tiny lonely dick to causing unnecessary drama because you’re a sad piece of poo poo with nothing better to do.
Better or worse than two posts saying "AIDS"?

It's better.

"Is a post rudely but substantively telling a shitposter to gently caress off better than single-word shitposts?" is a weird track to try.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cthulu Carl posted:

In a thread meant for feedback for a forum, how are they different?

The first occurred after mods made it clear that it was time to move on and further posts would be actioned. The second did not.

White noise posts and posts telling the white noise posters they are not wanted are not the same thing.