Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Idk if astral is looking into this as part of some far future forums upgrade but currently as I understand it it's a complete pain in the rear end to do this

If you see a non-mod with it, chances are a) they're a former mod or b) they got it as part of a donation drive. Those are the only two ways I know of how people got them

Lowtax used to hand them out like candy whenever he felt like it but idk how the backend for it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Anyway I don't really read gbs but my only piece of feedback for it is that apparently Derpies is still active on the forums, presumably on an alt he bought years before he got permaed, and probably still posts in gbs a lot because that's where >90% of his posts were on his main account.

Hi Derpies, please stop trying to join discord servers that you're banned from, :thanks:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No clue, unfortunately. I'm not really expecting anything to be able to be done about him unless he's dumb and outs himself, just felt like postin

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Being a good ally by insisting that gay people treat aids the same way that Reaganites did in the 80s ftmfw

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Why the gently caress are y'all dying on the hill of "no, wait, saying aids and gay is cool"?

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Saying something is aids in the same way as saying something is cancer is not disparaging gay people, it's saying aids sucks rear end because it's a horrible disease that kills you, much like the posts that people are calling aids. In like a decade people will be doing the same thing with covid. Hope this helps.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Also the people having mini meltdowns about it are some of the biggest dipshits on this website and making them get mad over nothing is extremely funny, so I applaud the brave forums soldiers who have given their lives for the cause.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

so many people crawling out of the woodwork to defend an edgelord, but where were they when the SSID goon got perma’d? nary a peep.

makes one wonder

These two things are exactly the same, you have cracked the case.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Booourns posted:

do you think that anywhere that bans posting slurs is punishing minorities specifically?

I genuinely don't believe you know what a slur is.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

My GBS feedback is that Solefald seems like a decent mod, here's hoping the rest of them learn from example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Yeah, please give your input.

GBS posters didn't break into their houses and force them at knifepoint to type out several discrete troll posts in the feedback thread, after being told not to by the mods. You're acting like posters have no agency, that this is somehow everyone elses fault for the posters poor decisions. Why you think mods punishing poo poo behaviour is "forums warfare" is incredibly bizarre too.

When people make bad posts other people will show up to mock them. That is how this forum has always worked. If you don't want your bad posts to be mocked the solution is to make good posts instead, not get insanely mad and cry to a mod to make them unable to mock you again.

Seth giving into this drivel is perfectly emblematic of the problem with gbs, namely that it's become a walled garden of its own weird subcommunity that treats everyone else as outsiders rather than being the general discussion subforum for everyone who posts on SA.

In short, gbs is aids.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)