Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Slugworth posted:

This is overly heated, but honestly, anyone who trolls, or talks about how great it is when someone else trolls is just sort of sad to watch. I don't get riled up by it or anything, it's just a bummer to see people who I have to assume are in their 30s or 40s posting specifically to annoy people. It's toddler brain poo poo, so it really doesn't strike me as any great loss to thread ban people who consistently do it. It's just as easy to ignore them, admittedly, but :shrug: either way.

I'm in my 20s

e: didnt realize there was a long post timeout so I couldnt doublepost lmao:

tbh I love to post about how cringe gbs and seth are but both gbs and seth and like, fine. I think the culture of the forum could maybe be improved more if threads didn't go on for a bajillion pages. It would be less impenetrable to outsiders. Also if more like, frequent threads were encouraged so people felt more comfortable making threads in the general discussion board it'd be cool. I think a lot of the things I don't like about GBS just stem from threads going on too long so it feels like a series of chat threads instead of an actual general discussion board

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'll admit I can probably be a bit more even-handed in dishing poo poo out in this thread. It's not that I consciously do it, it's just I see it I hit it and what I perceive as trolling may be different between posters I know and posters I don't because I know people's posting styles.

The reason that rule's there is because I wanted people to feel like they could give their opinion even if they weren't a regular of this forum but I also wanted to make clear that threadshitting isn't allowed. I'm absolutely happy to modify it though so it's more even-handed and less "us vs. them". In retrospect, I admit that it probably causes more problems than I meant it to.

If I miss someone you think is threadshitting, absolutely let me know. PM me, send a report, whatever. I don't care if they're a regular or not, I don't always see it. If you see something, say something. I'm open to feedback on anything and I do respond to PMs.

sorry about your thread, op

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont think all the undue hostility aids in discussion

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Toxic Mental posted:

How in the holy gently caress are we supposed to know that you specifically Douche Wolf 89 are queer and not just some edgelord

How is anyone else supposed to know that I am black

They just told you