Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So here's the situation

In terms of threadbans, I'd refer you to the rules of this thread, specifically the one about non-GBS regulars who come in here. All are welcome to give advice, but it's explicitly laid out that threadshitters get hit hard. This is literally the only thread in here where I want to keep it semi-civil and try to work out disagreements or explain what's happening without the usual suspects going around doing their thing

For the probes, we had those queued days ago and just today an admin decided to run the queue. If there was nothing queued up then I definitely would not have gone back and hit those posts after the fact. I'm not a fan of going back and hitting older posts (unless they're egregious). Ours wasn't the only one backed up; there were a lot in the queue

This is 100% stupid as poo poo. "non-gbs posters" also include people who read but don't post much. I'm going to admit not a big poster, especially not in GBS, partially in my case because GBS has a history of probating for drawing attention to things like the deviant art and applewhite threads, because gbs mods dont do a loving thing about them until QCS/SAD brings them up as problems and then an admin and cleans up the mess and gbs mods say "well someone else cleaned our mess up, problem solved".

the reason I say this is stupid as poo poo is that you cater to applewhite and deviant art poo poo by putting "posted a lot in GBS" as a high point when GBS has just accepted horrible crap as normal

I guess to put a succinct point on this, GBS has a gigantic loving backlog to clear up before calling people out for threadshitting

Sudsygoat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

Spinz posted:

I give up
I defended GBS in SAD AGAIN and if I get banned AGAIN for doing so I swear to God I'll scream and join Twitter

Just post this isnt hard wtabsolutef

If you get banned for defending gbs youll join the site owned by a known horrifyingly bad transphobic racist?