Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Genesplicer posted:

I think we need to get the creative people to do more cool threads featuring their work. I know we have the Creative Convention, but art threads in GBS seem so much more... real.

Plus more photoshop threads. I need to laugh more.

All the serious forums need merging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Seth what's the word on the forums merge? impending or?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

MrQwerty posted:

I'm pretty sure the word was fluffdaddy telling you to gently caress yourself for posting about it in SAD and putting you on probation

That weird guy is just some middle man who stands to lose power when the serious forums are merged. It's like one of the little yes-men around a big player who doesn't want anything shaken up lest the hand that feeds gets any other ideas. I want the word from the big man himself. Thats why I need a parle.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Innocent well meaning person to mike tyson: Maybe you should make more money off your commercial deals? seems like somethings amiss.

Don king with moderator star: Yeah, No. Enough with the Epic GBS trolling, 24 hour probe initiated

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Sounds crazy, but is it?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
in fact why are holdover admins even there. I know it inherently takes a certain brain to be an admin but it's clearly not working. People are thinking puny little thoughts instead of big ideas to actually make the forum active again.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
what the

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
We should be litigating big ideas like whether ADRW and GBS should be imminently merged tonight. Instead a certain forum is for guys with wacky usernames who def aren't mad to litigate 6 hour probes.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
This is the big thinkers thread

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
its a GBS idea

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
My feedback is I need a parle with jeff

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rust Martialis posted:

Another rather weird thing is the return of calling posts/posters/things to be "aids" or "totally aids". Having grown up in the 1980s and knowing a number of people who became HIV+ with some dying of it, it seems *really* weird to see it tossed around casually 40 years later as an insult. It was homophobic back then, and it sure doesn't seem to be any less today.

My gut feeling is that "aids" is being used where those posters would previously say "retarded", but with SA taking steps to stop ableist insults, they can't any more. Like how Freep started saying "Amish" for their usual terms for PoC.

This is not a GBS thing.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah that's a file 2 reports a day and buy yourself transphobic avatars thing.

Shan’t speculate

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rust Martialis posted:

Uh, was the "aids insults are homophobic" suddenly discussed in the mod forum today?

Seems like the winds of change are definitely blowing OP. Probably why many are speculating that the forums merge will take place on Easter Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Probably should merge the forums with Gbs tbh