Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Idk if astral is looking into this as part of some far future forums upgrade but currently as I understand it it's a complete pain in the rear end to do this
I had suggested being able to select from a set of icons for like $5 each change, with submissions from the subforums to keep it interesting, but yeah someone said it would be a huge loving headache so that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wendigee posted:

Is it really that surprising that sprs cheerleaders are also weirdos?
16B should be forumbanned from.GBS to protect their mental health, as they are unnecessarily obsessed about gas

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Someone in GBS posted about getting a papercut. When will these sicko dehumanizing goreposters be dealt with?!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nooner posted:

Lol applwhite is cool and so are his threads gently caress the haters
Word.

Werent we the forum that figured out Tolkein Elf dicks and vag's?

How far we have strayed from the light.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Applewhite flew too close to the Deviantart Event Horizon this time, but we really dont need pages about how everyone that read the thread needs to be banned so those people arent posting with us.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

is this really worth turning into some big forums drama about GBS sex freaks or w/e?
Ah, I see you haven't been to SAD.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

steinrokkan posted:

What moves a man to go to a public forum and start publishing a 10,000 word manifesto about the minute logistics of his awful fetish
Animators, man.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SAD wants to outlaw ModPets so we're all gonna have to adopt a late 90s Sting persona in response.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Reshuffle GBS mods and add IKs, but draw them from.the SAGAs thread and close it down for good. :cheerdoge:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SADlads keep agitating for mods in GBS but when we say 'yes, give buttons to smug/slugworth and nom epique' they turn away.

What would it take to get more mods and IKs?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
As a moderator, I promise to be fair and give warning before I go mad with power.

E: due to recent events, I have chosen to step down.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Think Astral and the J-Man can code up a nice environ for the Apple Vision? Maybe a recreation of the famous SA Offices, complete with pills and a passed out Lowtax? I want to post as luxuriously as possible

Nooner posted:

Gollum can't kill orcs that are wearing helmets ):
Posting furiously in SAD about freakish GBS forumspets as we speak.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Nostalgic Cinema Thread: The Scratches and Hairs add texture

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Unfortunately 16B is a noted SAD Pet Freak and vice-treasurer of the SA HOA. So until they go mad with power we will have to abide by their insanity.

They probably should be hit for yelling dumb slurs like a 14 year old on AIM tho.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Solefald posted:

Just ignore him if he bothers you that much.
I will personally block any attempts to have him banned from this forum :colbert:
Another GBS pet success story
:qqsay:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Solefald posted:

Issues with using "aids" is fair enough to discuss and I encourage folk to share their opinion on it. I don't like it but I'm also not a huge fan of word filter moderation (see: cuntgate lol).
Good news guys, Solefald just gave the forums an n-word pass!

Rust Martialis posted:

It's been a homophobic slur from the 80s.
:hmmyes:
I was a kid but I still remember all those Very Special Episodes about how a kid has HIV and they're still cool just don't like interact with their blood and you're good you don't need to treat them like lepers. Also Magic coming out as having HIV and how much of a Moment that was.

I don't know why this is such a hill to die on. As a community we're pretty much accepted that some words are harmful. I don't see why we carve out an exception for posting like you're 15.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dr. Cool Covfefe

Timeless and relevant for years

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fajita Queen posted:

Being a good ally by insisting that gay people treat aids the same way that Reaganites did in the 80s ftmfw
Why the gently caress are y'all dying on the hill of "no, wait, saying aids and gay is cool"?

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bad Purchase posted:

i don’t think aids need be an automatic probe word or anyone needs wiped, seems like posters in the sub thread were already coping with butt head embarrassing himself just fine. bit overblown imo.
Eh. Personally, I'm wary of the whole slippery slope about this slur being kinder and gentler and not as bad. Folks boiling it down to "ha it makes you mad that's funny" is really a weird thing, too.

I think someone posted something along the lines of just taking the hit if it doesn't land and, while I don't think it exactly solves the problem, seems more in line with the way the forums deals with attempts at comedy.

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

this guy really cares about not being a bigot btw. he really cares about gay people and women and other minorities.
I apologize for posting like a shithead to try and rile up Baal(?) when they re-modded. Obviously I'm not going to change your minds about those exchanges, and you could always PM me if you legit want to speak about it.

I don't know why a few of you need a posting enemy but

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bad Purchase posted:

i think they were upset that someone was speculating about what happened to the bones of the occupants
My read of it was the intense pressure turned the carbon in their bones into rare sea-diamonds and hence their skeletons are now luxury items.

No Dignity posted:

This is a bizarre interpretation of 'it would be nice if this forum wasn't such a shithole'
GBS isnt as mean as it was before. It's mostly irreverent poo poo because we all live in hell. Have fun!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

there was a great thread about penis, butts and boobs not long ago
Sadly too horny to live.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We don't need freaks like that on our site! I am incensed at the Mod Wall of Silence!

Please demod everyone as this is a no-brainer.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You can't strike them down, they'll become more.powerful than ever.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

cumpantry posted:

I gently caress DOGS
Wow man, brave.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Like I'm pretty sure the probes are an indication that a line is being crossed, whether in taste or humor or whatever.

quote:

because i think calling things gay is funny lol
Oh well as long as you think it's good.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Seth just casually rolling a 24 sided die for the probes

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just me and my posting friends, feeling a sense of propriety and rushing in to dash our heads against rocks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mycophobia posted:

what does the "This is not reddit" rule mean. how does one act like something is reddit. thanks
When you think of it, the "5 Goolden Manbabies for thee goon sire!" Phase of the site mirrors Reddit pretty well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FirstnameLastname posted:

if someone makes a rule and I don't agree with it, I'm going to want to break that rule even if its something I'd normally never do
Yeah, I see a lot of, like, oppositional defiance being the snag point here.

I think, as others have said before, that the repeated going to bat for the right to say those things is kind of weird, as is the sense that if you don't personally like the rule it's dumb and fail and deserves to be a mocking point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If it were a reaction against, say, "16bb is confined to only the groversub thread and now has to link to it if they post elsewhere in GBS" then it makes sense as the directive is targeted and unfair.

-- for the record, I don't thinknthat post about making 16b a pet was earnest and the joke didn't land for some.

That's pretty much what happened when the IZ copyright thing blew up, if I recall correctly.

This seems less cut and dry about it?

The fact that you've cut those words out of colloquial use on your own, but now feel ok to use them is probably the point that doesn't connect for me, personally.