Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Frizzle drives the bus, now soaring on a pair of opalescent white wings, into heaven. Climbing ever higher- towards the golden glow of heaven's light piercing through an endless sea of dark clouds -Frizzle bellows a mighty war cry.

The archangel Michael is there at the boundary between heaven and Earth to meet her. The brilliant shimmer of heaven above illuminating his sillhoute, and the dark Earth below casting shadow upon his face. He is an eclipse, ready to deliver righteous fury upon the winged school bus careening towards him. He slowly draws his divine blade from its sheath at his waistline as it flies ever closer.

Frizzle sees only the vague shape of a man, wings outstretched and traced by a golden glow. If she is to be blinded by Heaven's light, so shall its harbingers of consecration be blinded by her Earthly rancor.

She flips on the bus' high beams, and it wails a honk that heralds its own judgement. Michael is caught completely off-guard, and he reflexively shields his eyes. For only a brief moment, he is forced to look away from the bus, and that moment was all Frizzle needed to elude him. Michael blinks to try and readjust his eyes to the darkness surrounding him. Where there once was a bus, there is but black earth thousands of feet below. Confused and furious, he grips the hilt of his blade and roars. Golden lightning crackles, and a righteous thunder booms with him.

Michael searches the skies. Finding the bus in the pitch-black of the Earth's gloom seemed an impossible task. Just then, Michael catches a flash of light reflecting on his blade. It blinds him the same way as before, and he turns. It is too late, and Frizzle's bus collides with Michael from the side at unfathomable speeds. His body is vaporized- blood, viscera, and feathers coating the bus' windshield in a sticky sheet.

With a smooth flick of the wrist, Frizzle turns on the windshield wipers, smearing the gore into an ever thinner film. It clears enough of her vision to make out the golden gates of Heaven glowing radiantly beyond the black clouds.

Frizzle shifts gears and honks the bus' horn, it's wings stretching out to full-span. Backlit by darkness, the bus flies onwards towards the golden light above. She will remove God from his seat, and sit upon it in his place.

Pastel Candy Snake fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Arnold never got on the bus." Frizzle stated, furiously wiping down everything he might have touched. "Can any one of you swear for certain that you saw Arnold get on the bus this morning? No."

"Of course we can, Ms. Frizzle! We all saw it!" Dorothy looked like she was going to cry, but Frizzle quickly moved towards her in a way that made her feel even more afraid. "Then we saw him when the---"

"Oh, did you now?" Frizzle looked Dorothy in the eyes and pressed her finger deep into her chest, shoving the little girl back into her seat. "What else have you seen? Go ahead, all of you, tell them you saw Arnold get on the bus this morning and then tell everyone about all the wonderful things I've shown you on this bus. Tell them about all the amazing places we've been! You're all gonna be called LIARS! CRAZY! They'll rip you from your mommies and daddies and out of your houses and put you in a group home with a bunch of bad kids who did bad things and you'll never get out! I bet you all like sleeping in a warm bed, eating pizza, watching cartoons and playing video games. Guess what? You tell them crazy lie about Arnold going on this field trip with us, you'll never have any of those things ever again! Ever!"

Dorothy started to cry, but Frizzle counseled her.

"Shhh, shhh," she cooed. "You need to be a big strong girl for just one day, that's all, just one day. Then, when they say Arnold's missing, when someone's mommy or daddy or another teacher or a policeman says he's missing, then you can cry. You can cry because it's alright to cry because you're scared for him because he's your friend. You can let it all out then. Okay. Now, you're gonna stop crying, do you understand, because we're not done with this field trip yet and if you're not careful..." Frizzle took a quick survey of the rest of the students. "...If any of you aren't careful, maybe Arnold didn't decide to play hooky on his own. Maybe one or two of you played hooky with him and didn't join us for the field trip, either. Understand?"

The rest of the class reacted blankly, accepting her account of events, and memorizing the 'corrected' version of the day's events on the rest of the trip home.

Years later, as the children grew into adulthood, an unspoken bond they all found themselves sharing was a similar phobia of bugs. Ants, specifically.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"So, Frizzle, what's her story?"

"Okay, get this. She had a magic school bus, right?"

"What the hell is a magic school bus?"

"It's a school bus that's magic. I mean, legitimate magic. It can go places and do things."

"That doesn't explain why she's here."

"Well, she was taking some class of kids, every day, all day, to the same place: Local hospital. She's shrink the bus down, go into people's bloodstreams, and collect all the drugs they were getting pumped with. She'd have the kids go around and collect it."

"Seems like a lot of work."

"Magic school bus, don't cost a thing, and the kids are doing the work."

"What then?"

"Then, they fly out, drop off the drugs, and grow back to full size."

"Hold on, hold on, hold on. You mean they don't grow back first and then drop off the drugs?"

"No, that wouldn't work. Like the molecules and stuff, they wouldn't work at that size."

"That's a lot of work for just a small amount of drugs."

"What did I just say about the bus and the kids and the magic?"

"So, what then?"

"She's harvesting enough opioids a day to fuel her own habits."

"drat, that's kind of dumb. Why doesn't she just steal the drugs as a tiny bus? Like fly into a medicine cabinet or something?"

"I don't know. Anyway, she's got a plan to bust out of here."