Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
slam our rap bat, is badtle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
my rap is "fight"

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

flubber nuts posted:

what the heck dude this really hurt my feelings :( i would NEVER do drugs and its freaked up you'd even joke about that. now you have to post a picture so i can drop my retort

Man you really need to have a thicker skin to be in Rap Battles.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

You made a mockery of their art form and totally hosed up the vibe for everyone in that club. You knew you had no business going up on stage but you did anyway.

Imagine if you signed up for a coffee shop open mic to play a song on acoustic guitar without knowing a single chord and you went up and started hammering on the strings making a cacophony until the open mic MC had to get you off stage. You treated it like a joke.

Battle rap is a whole culture and lifestyle, silly as it may be to outsiders. The regulars there look forward to that night all week and you wasted everyone's time doing the goofy-rear end white boy routine. That's why they don't want you to come back OP.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

gently caress that rear end in a top hat host. If your dream is to be a battle rapper DO NOT stop going to rap battle night.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah op i saw malibus most wanted too

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

flubber nuts posted:

you can rap battle on me op. it should be a lay up! let's hear it, i can take it. :)

a little about me is i have two dogs and a cat. i work from home and leave the house barely once a month. i work in customer service and watch podcasts. my favorite food is pizza.

What a fantastic look, "homie"!

OP, iIf you dress like similarly, and go to the raphouse again, I'll give you a free forums upgrade or avatar change to your new pic of you in your rap regalia.

But I will need proof. Just hand your phone to the guy at the door and as him to snap a pic. You could also reel off a rap rhyme to him about how you're even better than Eminem and that he should go diss his "mutha" instead of you.

But seriously, kudos for getting up there, and even for attending those rap contest nights at all, both took balls of steel. (And also to flubber nuts with nuts of steel for posting this pic.)

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 25, 2023

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

Imagine if you signed up for a coffee shop open mic to play a song on acoustic guitar without knowing a single chord and you went up and started hammering on the strings making a cacophony until the open mic MC had to get you off stage.

I hope OP does this next.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

Imagine if you signed up for a coffee shop open mic to play a song on acoustic guitar without knowing a single chord and you went up and started hammering on the strings making a cacophony until the open mic MC had to get you off stage. You treated it like a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5M4zIAoj7g

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
None of this would have happened if we had a battlerap subforum

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
I had a little trepidation when I saw the title, I know rap events tend to bring in a "gansta" element and I always hate to hear about scary/dangerous things happening to goons. I guess try to think about it as a chance for personal growth, like getting evicted or crying during sex.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

Come to think of it OP should absolutely try this, bonus points if the whole time you're crying so hard snot is dripping onto the guitar and you're yell/crying things like "I'm doing my best! You guys are jerks!" And then sharting from anxiety.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flubber nuts posted:

Same thing happened to me at my local fap battle joint after I put recycled cooking oil in a sex lube bottle. Not everyone can afford sex lube.

You don’t need lube,
To get with me,
Just try havin
A wet pussy
And if that kitty kat
Don’t drip,
You can suck on
Clammys dick

:slick:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ya bitch look like Forrest Whitaker

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

good you deserved it op

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

you can rap battle on me op. it should be a lay up! let's hear it, i can take it. :)

a little about me is i have two dogs and a cat. i work from home and leave the house barely once a month. i work in customer service and watch podcasts. my favorite food is pizza.

Nonironically owns

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
OP senior citizens are better hippity hoppities than you.

https://youtu.be/sLLQFLXz6VE

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Poohs Packin posted:

Ya bitch look like Forrest Whitaker

More like a 3est Whitaker,
Ppl throw poo poo at her,
Don’t put your dick in her,
Cause a parking cone fit in her

:slick:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

You made a mockery of their art form and totally hosed up the vibe for everyone in that club. You knew you had no business going up on stage but you did anyway.

Battle rap is a whole culture and lifestyle, silly as it may be to outsiders. The regulars there look forward to that night all week and you wasted everyone's time doing the goofy-rear end white boy routine. That's why they don't want you to come back OP.

Do black people not play guitars in coffee shops? :thunkin:

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.
Here are some rhymes you could use OP

Wipe/Snipe
Gut/Butt
Smelly/Belly
Goatse/Goaty
Tight/White
Shut up/gently caress off.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
For real though OP: If you actually went in there planning to do that goofy poo poo, you got what you deserved.

If you went in there hoping to do your best and try your hand at performing in front of people and just kind of choked in the moment, then I think you deserve credit for trying something extremely difficult in front of what I imagine was a hostile crowd.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Sorry about getting kicked out of the Rap Club, Larry. That has got to be a real bummer, but maybe this is a sign from above that you should seek other pastures.

How do you feel about model trains? Exciting stuff I'm told!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Go watch Nocando’s battles and see his genius rap brain freestyle better than people’s writtens. Or develop strange personas and antics like Daylyt. Learn how to string forced multis like Thesaurus.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

bloodysabbath posted:

For real though OP: If you actually went in there planning to do that goofy poo poo, you got what you deserved.

If you went in there hoping to do your best and try your hand at performing in front of people and just kind of choked in the moment, then I think you deserve credit for trying something extremely difficult in front of what I imagine was a hostile crowd.

It’s the latter and I think people are really tying themselves in knots trying to make it the former.

It says right in the OP that I’ve been going there for months. I understand the rules and the culture and the general vibe of the Rap Battles. I didn’t think I was going to win, but I wanted to and I was trying to. I just really hosed up in the heat of the moment.

Like if someone went to a lot of basketball games and then got to try playing in the game and missed a bunch of shots, I feel like the people in this thread would be like “oh you’re making a mockery of the game and disrespecting the team”

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
OP go to trad games and start a play by post rap battle :thanks:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cobra Commander posted:

Learn how to string forced multis like Thesaurus.

You gonna lose this comp
'Cause I got big dick energy
Your wingwang is so small
It takes a microscope to see

In your mind you'll beg
for the aid of a thesaurus
You suckin' 50 dicks on the reg
Just like your whore is.

(This one would be better performed in a sedate cafe environment than for a rap battle.)

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Perhaps you should instead try your hand at Bat Rapples

I have no idea what a Rapple is, but that just means the horizon is wide open for you to define it yourself. Perhaps a truly blank canvas is what your talent needs to flower.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I get where you're coming from but it kinda sounds like you watched other people do it and thought you could just jump in without any experience or skill. I don't have experience with rap but music in general takes tons of practice, hard work, and just straight up time. When you just go on a stage where people expect to be entertained and you have no idea what you're doing it's extremely awkward and people feel like you're wasting their time.

My advice to you op if you geniunely want to do this and you're not just trolling, would be to start by writing out rhymes and practicing them, then once you're good at that you can try freestyle by yourself, maybe recording yourself to critique later, and maybe get some friends together and practice in front of them. Then once you feel comfortable with that you can try the rap battles. I think it would actually be kinda cool if you came back several months later and killed it but if you don't have talent for it it would probably take longer than that to get good.

Coming at it as someone who does perform music and has done jazz improv I think it is a little disrespectful to go on stage without any experience or hard work and try to just wing it, simply because the other people HAVE put in the hard work and they take it seriously. When you go in with no real effort it's like you don't take it seriously.

The way I learned how to improv was through playing music that's written down first and getting good at that. If I had just picked up a sax and tried to improv day one, in front of a crowd, it would have been terrible. That's basically what you tried to do. And people probably felt embarrassed on your behalf which is a really uncomfortable feeling.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Also, mom's spaghetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-BU6keEUw

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
protip: always start a rap off with either 'a hip, a hop, a hippity hop' or 'well my name's <insert name> and i'm here to say'

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
like for example you might do something like this

'well my name's Larry Cum Free and i'm here to say,
i enjoy participating in Rap Battles most every day,
so long as my attendance is permitted in the venue,
though frankly the chances of that are few.'

something like that! give it a try

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

A lot of people keep referencing 8 Mile. Like it was a good movie, and Marshall Mathers is easily one of the greatest rappers of all time…but you know that’s not how Rap Battles actually go in real life right?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Embrace the forced multi

You look like a cobra charmer with broken armor who works as a soda farmer

“You look like Don cheedle on the space needle”

“You look like Al Pacino if he took a bite out of his pals burrito”

“I’ll hit you with so much brass and chrome it’ll make you look like you got hit with a saxophone”

Or take the street route

“Y'all hostile crowd don't mean a thang to us
It ain't strange if I hit that angel dust, get my anger up
Turn Juggernaut, his frame gets crushed
Shots point blank range, BANG he's hosed
His soul flyin', I'm still firin'... even his guardian angels duck”

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Hey OP, maybe you could make a rap about collecting model trains?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

Rap battles are bad slam poetry is bad

Is it considered bad form to treat slam poetry like a comedy show? The idea of watching it live seems hilarious.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

Cobra Commander posted:

Embrace the forced multi

You look like a cobra charmer with broken armor who works as a soda farmer

“You look like Don cheedle on the space needle”

“You look like Al Pacino if he took a bite out of his pals burrito”

“I’ll hit you with so much brass and chrome it’ll make you look like you got hit with a saxophone”

Or take the street route

“Y'all hostile crowd don't mean a thang to us
It ain't strange if I hit that angel dust, get my anger up
Turn Juggernaut, his frame gets crushed
Shots point blank range, BANG he's hosed
His soul flyin', I'm still firin'... even his guardian angels duck”

Some of those are really good but I want my rhymes to be authentic to who I am and I’m not from the streets. I think part of the problem on Thursday is I wanted to get there early so I went straight from work and I was still in my work clothes. I’m not trying to make excuses but it didn’t help.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
my rear end is thick
suck my dick
ok

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Cum Free posted:

and Marshall Mathers

now i understand why they kicked you out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Larry Cum Free posted:

A lot of people keep referencing 8 Mile. Like it was a good movie, and Marshall Mathers is easily one of the greatest rappers of all time…but you know that’s not how Rap Battles actually go in real life right?

everything I know about rap battles is from:
8 mile
this thread
wutang: shaolin style (PSX)

from this I infer that you're too white to do a 10+ hit true juggle using RZA, and should therefore go back to SoulCaliber