Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Tarkus posted:

I suspect that the 'coldest' is a selling point for people who enjoy a cold beer after a hot day at work. A crisp cold beer can be quite refreshing on a hot day.

Yeah. wraparounds, covered in drywall, goatee, calls beer "hot" when its room temp. Drives a truck with seven ladders on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm told the japanese prefer their beer as cold as possible. who am I to argue with my cultural superiors?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Coldest beer, sweatiest cans, dampest bar rags. :haibrow:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
it's even more absurd for like kokanee or w/e to advertise they have cold beer. like with those certified cold cans. when its actually just the drinkers fridge???

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Does anyone else think that it's really messed up that all these bars have "Ladies Night" but no "Horsey Night"?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Adjectives make it more evocative, OP.

poo poo like, "cold beer, piping hot sandwiches, crisp salads!" aren't meant to make you think, "Oh, wow, what a difference! All the other places serve it all lukewarm and limp!" It's just meant to get you thinking about beer and/or food. Wow, you could go for a cold one/hot one right now! You might go to a different place that also serves it at that temperature, or you might go to the place that made the ad that made you think that.

They all keep doing it because it works.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"We serve nothing but the hottest Starbucks. It's so hot it will burn the gently caress out of your lap!"

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
If your beer is not −459.671ーF send it back it's too warm.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I drink my beer at 98.7ーF so that my body doesn't need to expend effort to warm or cool it in its digestive process

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

I drink my beer at 98.7°F so that my body doesn't need to expend effort to warm or cool it in its digestive process

Helps chug the piss quicker too

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Hey bro howzit goin yeah I壇 like an Igloo Pale Ale

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I also like how somehow every bar has The Best Wings in Town.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Gotta have some kind of summer marketing for the degenerate hoi pollio

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

coldpudding posted:

If your beer is not −459.671°F send it back it's too warm.

I only drink mine at -420.069

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I like drinking my beer mildly hot with flecks of debris floating in it

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tarkus posted:

I suspect that the 'coldest' is a selling point for people who enjoy a cold beer after a hot day at work. A crisp cold beer can be quite refreshing on a hot day.

Yeah, a cold American style lager is a really refreshing drink. Radlers/shandies are great too. All these drinks are maybe not serious drinks for the Serious Beer Guy, but are pretty good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

This is actually how beer is meant to be consumed

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Cyril Sneer posted:

This is possible because they all use the same wings from the Sysco truck.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I drink a single plum floating in perfume served in a man痴 hat

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

pencilhands posted:

Idk if this is a thing or just where I live but whenever you hear an ad for a bar on the radio or whatever they all say poo poo like “come to McPaddy’s, where we have the coldest beers on tap!”

Who hears that and gets stoked to go there? Are there people out there who think other bars don’t have a fridge/freezer or something? Is that all they care about, not what the beer is, just that it’s loving cold as poo poo?

It's not about the beer OP, it's about the kind of bar. Well its a little about the beer but not its temperature. They're advertising for a patronage that will drink inexpensive yellow beer by the bucket. There are a couple pool tables, a jukebox, and tables with uneven legs. The craftiest beer you get is Goose Island or Blue Moon. Imports are Newcastle, Guinness, and Corona. Tuesdays is live band karaoke and Fridays is the regular band, Johnny and the Five Aces (theres only 4 people), playing mostly 70s classic rock covers and 90s country.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
A pool table, you say? Simp[le 8 ball the winner gets a drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umlYaPf4HAU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Cyril Sneer posted:

Well they all come battered and ready to deep fry from Sysco.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yes sir what can I get you?

*snort* well I highly doubt that you have the coldest beer in the whole of America

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Doctor Butts posted:

Does anyone else think that it's really messed up that all these bars have "Ladies Night" but no "Horsey Night"?

Get out of here, Mike Pence. And don't run for President. You're bad at it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the dispensary advertising the coldest weed in town is what gets me

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I have a beer fridge that holds a 12 pack but I mostly use it for cannabis oil

anyway it keeps beer "chilled" to like, 50F, which is fuckin fine

The Voice of Labor posted:

the dispensary advertising the coldest weed in town is what gets me

you laugh but home made shatter can be pretty sticky man

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

throw in some cut up hotdog pieces for a rich fulfilling beverage

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

There was a place near where I used to work that named itself "Best Beer and Pizza." It wasn't very good pizza and the beer was just the same beer you get everywhere.

After a few months they altered their sign to say "Best Beer and Pizza in this shopping center." I think this was more likely to be true.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Adjectives make it more evocative, OP.

poo poo like, "cold beer, piping hot sandwiches, crisp salads!" aren't meant to make you think, "Oh, wow, what a difference! All the other places serve it all lukewarm and limp!" It's just meant to get you thinking about beer and/or food. Wow, you could go for a cold one/hot one right now! You might go to a different place that also serves it at that temperature, or you might go to the place that made the ad that made you think that.

They all keep doing it because it works.

But actually it's this. I still never went back but it's still around, I think, so it worked on someone.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Just pour it over ice

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I have a beer fridge that holds a 12 pack but I mostly use it for cannabis oil

anyway it keeps beer "chilled" to like, 50F, which is fuckin fine

you laugh but home made shatter can be pretty sticky man

lol that your weed sucks so bad you gotta make concentrates out of it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wwNqHAwQI

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Skulling an icy cool Stella liberté rn OP coldest beer in my house

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
They're actually saying "Da'Coldest Beer," beer brewed by NFL sensation Da'Coldest Crawford

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Haverchuck posted:

It sounds like the type of advertisement aimed at pre-refridgeration rurals, like from the first part of the twentieth century when not every place had proper refrigeration or an icebox

My sister owns a bar. That bar has been in our family for three generations, established in 1908. I'm 40 years old now and started stacking shelves at around 8 and was serving drinks at 10. This was in rural Ireland, we only got refridgerators sometime in the early 90's. The beer on tap had always been cold as far as I remember.

Many of our older customers preferred to drink beer at room temperature because that's what they had always done and it was how they liked it. In fact, some of them actually preffered beer warm, even hot. I never seen it but I've heard tales about people leaving a poker in a hot fire until it gets white hot. Then they stick it into their bottle of stout for a quick second. Never did find out the reason for that.

One older guy had a very good reason for not liking cold beer, it hosed with his sensitive sinuses and gave him a runny nose.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Honestly impressed this thread has made it this long without some weird goon barging in and saying they hate bars. They are great and a good way to meet your cool neighbors you might actually want to be friends with instead of avoid.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Honestly impressed this thread has made it this long without some weird goon barging in and saying they hate bars. They are great and a good way to meet your cool neighbors you might actually want to be friends with instead of avoid.

One of the biggest things I miss about the US is the solo drinking and dining experience. Straya doesn't have bar stools in bars. All the pubs just have a bar you order from and a bunch of tables. It sort of removes its functionality as a "third place" between work and home.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

One of the biggest things I miss about the US is the solo drinking and dining experience. Straya doesn't have bar stools in bars. All the pubs just have a bar you order from and a bunch of tables. It sort of removes its functionality as a "third place" between work and home.

Australian pubs and bars are based on primary schools I think. Shared bench seating, bright lighting, big or small beer cups.

I go to the old run down "Irish" pubs and get a booth to myself.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

https://youtu.be/w2usBrF455o

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I知 gay da ba dee da ba dye I知 loving gay da ba dye da ba dee da ba dye I知 gay as hell da ba dye da ba dee da ba dye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

pencilhands posted:

I知 gay da ba dee da ba dye I知 loving gay da ba dye da ba dee da ba dye I知 gay as hell da ba dye da ba dee da ba dye

If leather pants come from animal skin, where do egg clothing come from?